spc
Search similar:

uniqs

anan7675
@69.245.233.x

anan7675

Anon

[Rant] Tech swapped modem, getting billed for two

Several months ago a tech came in and swapped my EMTA. Did not give me any paperwork.
Last month I have received a letter Comcast still has the modem signed to me, and says will start billing me rental fee for it.
I call last month and explain I don't have the device, that it was swapped for another EMTA.
I receive my bill and the charge is there, call cust serv and the lady tells me the ticket was closed and has no info for me.

Wants me to not pay the $8 - basically pay my regular bill minus $8. Has no explanation why this was not resolved, etc.

THEN... I get the call to complete the survey.
When I select 1 that I'm not happy at all, the survey computer says something about not a valid entry or that it did not understand my response etc. This happens 2x and after that the recording says that there is an error and I'm unable to complete the survey and disconnects me.

I LOVE THIS COMPANY

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry

Premium Member

Oh brother ! So sorry for your hassles. That "no receipt" bit is a pain in the backside.

As far as NOT paying the $8 fee, I do NOT recommend it. Da System will have your account in arrears and you will be subject to late fees and possible disconnection . You can *try* sending an email to their escalation department at
we_can_help@comcast.com . Sometimes they DO help; sometimes they don't but they ARE better than the average phone agent. That's IF they decide to respond, lol.
You can also file a complaint with your franchise authority and the BBB.

Don't suppose you have a screenshot or anything with the MAC ID of that EMTA so it could be used to search Da Inventory ??
adam9c1
join:2014-05-01
USA

adam9c1 to anan7675

to anan7675
I don't have the MAC of the old EMTA.

I'm also dealing with no on demand stuff on my secondary box. When I called support on that the guy tells me he sees three cable boxes... When I ask him to elaborate he says oh my mistake... The troubleshooting he did, did not fix. He restarted the box which did not fix, and told me another restart will happen, AND IF NOT I need to restart the box.
I think he blew me off.

I LOVE THIS COMPANY

FureverFurry
RIP Daphne: 3/12/05 - 6/19/12
Premium Member
join:2012-02-20
49xxx
Zoom 5341J
ARRIS WBM760
Vonage VDV-21

FureverFurry

Premium Member

said by adam9c1:

and told me another restart will happen, AND IF NOT I need to restart the box.

You've been Comcast-ized - the ole "let me send a refresh signal and if that doesn't work, call back in 24 hours" to be repeated to infinity. Kidding aside, do file a complaint or *try* reaching out to that email addy. Why pay $8/month for nothing; plus the On Demand problems ?