All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
Racquel5
join:2002-06-19
Montreal, QC

Racquel5

[DSL] Electronic box, greedy & bad attitude - Lact of customer respect.

I'm subscriber of a 5MB DSL line since 2007. About 60$ monthly with taxes.

Last week, I received a letter from EBox to inform me that they forgot to bill my for the last 7 months!!!! So, apparently, I own them almost 450$ . They have my credit card # already for years , and they forgot??? Called them multiple times trying to figure this out. They had a glitch in their system

I called my "contacts" who worked for Videotron and Bell to see what they do in this case. It's clear that those kind of payback will never go over 3 months they said, even if it's a full year, They do not want to piss customer off. Make sens to me.....

After waiting 30 minutues online and been transferred multiple time I offered to pay 2 months back (that was within my budget). Days later I finnaly spoke with a superviseur named Steven who only wanted to be paid whatever is happening.

I said, that this is non acceptable to having me paid for your own mistake, my offer was honnest and that's what I could affort and was within the industry standard. I knew service was done but money is gone too you know. ..I said I would have to cancel the sub to pay the full charge and Steven replied that he didnt care "my job is not to think".

Jean-Philip, How much do you loose in revenue when a customer is gone? Did you know that your superviseur doesnt care(Go and listen my phone call with him...).

How much it cost to gain one customer?(Your superviser doesnt care!)
So you are ready loosing one customer to fixe your own mistake? And, pissing him off at a point he is currently writting public message?
7 years @ 50$ montly = 4200$ vs 450$.

Seriously, seem to be a strange way to run an IT business and in very competitive market where you espacially have to differentiate yourself to survived agains giants of the industry. I choose to go with small company because I do not like big ones and wanted someting easier to deal with in case ther'es a problem. It seems that I was all wrong. I realize that I get less service for more expensive and you putting me into trouble without remorse or even excuses!

Whats' differentiate Ebox now?
"You really know if a provider is good when trouble comes and you see how he fixe it."

damir
join:2013-12-12
CANADA

damir

Subscribing.

(This shall be interesting)
(don't want to comment yet)
iamhere
join:2013-01-26
canada

iamhere to Racquel5

to Racquel5
A couple of things strike me as odd with this... you haven't paid them in 7 months and you never noticed???? Come on. You should have noticed an issue and contacted them. Yes, maybe they made a mistake but they provided you with a service - you do owe them. Some people not paying causes the rates to go up for everyone else!

Second, you pay $60 a month for 5MB DSL and I pay about $50 a month for 25/10 DSL, how is this possible? That's the rate I used to pay Bell years ago for 5MB DSL before switching to 3rd party providers.
Cyberr
join:2013-09-04
QC

Cyberr to Racquel5

to Racquel5
About the price you pay, you can get 30mbps on cable!
Expand your moderator at work
Phix
join:2006-01-28
Quebec, QC

Phix to Racquel5

to Racquel5

Re: [DSL] Electronic box, greedy & bad attitude - Lact of customer respect.

I'm sure diskace is going to help you out with your issue, but shouldn't you have noticed that they didn't bill you for your internet access after 2-3 months ?
JeanPhilippe
join:2014-01-10

JeanPhilippe to Racquel5

to Racquel5
If you do owe this money why don't you pay it? I don't understand why you feel entitled to weaseling out of your debt.
nster
join:2013-12-15
H4P

1 edit

nster

... [i'll keep my opinions to myself for now]
IamGimli (banned)
join:2004-02-28
Canada

IamGimli (banned) to Racquel5

to Racquel5
eBox would only be in the wrong if they wanted you to pay interest on those missed invoices. Since you don't state anything like that it doesn't seem to be the case.

While they should be somewhat flexible in coming to an arrangement for you to pay back your arrears (pay double for the next 7 months, for example) your expectation of having any of YOUR debt be forgiven "just 'cause" is not reasonable.
iamhere
canada

iamhere to nster

to nster
If it were my business, I would allow the user to repay on a payment plan (with no interest).

When you use a service, you should be expected to pay for the service. It really should be that simple.

eboxflany
Ebox Supervisor
Premium Member
join:2014-09-04

eboxflany to Racquel5

Premium Member

to Racquel5
Dear Racquel,

I actually spoke with my colleague Steven about your case to clarify the situation. I can assure you that I know him personally and that, in no way, did he ever intended to sound rude or mean.

The fact is, yes, we did make a mistake and did not charge you for many months for your internet services.

But that does not change the fact that we provide you with a service and you have to pay for it. No matter how long we haven't charged you. It is none of our business where you invested the money you owe us. It is our responsability to provide you with a service, and it is your responsability to pay for it. I'm sorry if I sound rude, but we did our part.

Bell and Videotron have their own policies about these situations because they can afford it. However, these are not policies for all providers.

If this situation was concerning your car payments, or your rent, things would be the same. You'd be asked to pay the amount due in very short notice.

I also understand that Steven offered you a free month and also offered to split the bill so you don't have to pay the full amount one shot.

I offer you to call us back so we can make a deal.

Best regards,

Exiled
join:2003-09-20
Canada
·EBOX

Exiled

derp

I'll start off by saying that I really appreciate ebox's service and am the first to spread the word about it. However, the second a company representative says "I'm sorry if I sound rude, but" the conversation should really be had privately with the client. It doesn't put ebox in a positive light, no matter if the client, or the provider is right.

Just a thought...

PS. This would be a good opportunity to shed some light on more reasonable/affordable plans for a client you're about to lose... 5MB DSL for 60 bucks is a ripoff.
MasterBash
join:2001-08-06
Montreal, QC

MasterBash

Except it wasn't rude and he just said the way it works. "If I sound rude" is simply for those hyper sensitive people.
Racquel5
Montreal, QC

Racquel5 to iamhere

to iamhere

Re: [DSL] Electronic box, greedy & bad attitude - Lact of customer respect.

It`s not that I didn't pay, they didn't bill/charge my credit card as usual. Noticing something that is not there it`s harder than the opposite. I would also have noticed that I could have better speed on the market for same price....
Racquel5

Racquel5 to JeanPhilippe

to JeanPhilippe
You are not completely wrong but I dint really commit a mistake....they did and now I'm penalized.And not really able to put 450$ on the table....even doubling my already too high monthly fee.
Racquel5

Racquel5 to IamGimli

to IamGimli
So far, distributel, Bell, videotron never go back more than 3 months. I choose wrong.
Racquel5

Racquel5 to eboxflany

to eboxflany
said by eboxflany:

I actually spoke with my colleague Steven about your case to clarify the situation. I can assure you that I know him personally and that, in no way, did he ever intended to sound rude or mean.

iamhere
canada

iamhere to Racquel5

to Racquel5
said by Racquel5:

It`s not that I didn't pay, they didn't bill/charge my credit card as usual. Noticing something that is not there it`s harder than the opposite.

Just because you weren't charged it doesn't mean you aren't liable for the charges. The charges have accrued for the last 7 month and now you have received a bill for those charges. I don't think you will find a law that says if a company doesn't send you a bill every month you don't have to pay them once they do send the bill.

Whether you want to admit it or not, you committed the mistake of receiving a service and not paying for it.
steadler
join:2013-11-08

steadler to Racquel5

to Racquel5
You asked for the service, you received the service:you do owe them
If you can't afford it choose a cheaper plan.That's not their problem.
Racquel5
Montreal, QC

Racquel5

that is not my point, I suggest you re-read.
Anyway, I'm not sure you would say that if you were facing a 450$ bill.

damir
CANADA

damir

dude, you will have to pay it - either you like it, or you don't like it - and it really doesn't matter what we say \ tell you here.

i am sure you knew from first month about this error, by checking your statements, did you say anything about it? no!

They even offered you a free month? not good enough? + to pay the bill in couple of months ? - still not good?

You don't deserve to use internet.
Racquel5
Montreal, QC

Racquel5

said by damir:

You don't deserve to use internet.

You just lost all of your credibility with this statement.

damir
CANADA

damir

What i lost, doesn't matter, what matters is that you will pay the bill and money you owe them.

Simple as that.
EyEvil
join:2014-08-18
Longueuil, QC

EyEvil to Racquel5

to Racquel5
After 7 months you never noticed you were not being charged for your service? Even after 1st or 2nd?

damir
CANADA

2 recommendations

damir

I am sure he noticed + i am sure he was telling his buddies or family how he fucked up EBOX by getting free service, and they "dont know" he exist in the system.
Racquel5
Montreal, QC

Racquel5 to damir

to damir
Next time, try to be smart in your comments.
Racquel5

Racquel5 to EyEvil

to EyEvil
Nop. It`s not like it is the only bill on by Credit card. I have 10s of others, its not like every month: well what is it missing there? If you have 3-4 thing on your CC, you would catch it up. Not me. But again, that is not the point. They just don't care about there customer.

damir
CANADA

1 edit

damir to Racquel5

to Racquel5
dude, you are the only one with bad attitude in this thread and this situation.

you really should change the thread name, and add your nick\name in it ( for example: my bad attitude towards EBOX).

If you can't afford to pay it, ask for donation, i will be the first one to send you $50 via paypal.

The Doctor
join:2011-11-25
Montreal,Qc

1 edit

The Doctor to Racquel5

to Racquel5
Damir may have not worded it best way but how can you not notice not being billed for 7 months?

Its their fault for not billing you yes but you still owed them regardless.
You owe for 7 months but should only pay for 2-3 month because that what videotron or bell does. See the flaw in logic here?

You are just trying weasel out of the debt is what sounds like.

Now to be fair ebox also messed up and think they should be little more flexible with payment arrangements but you should not be let off the hook for the full amount

damir
CANADA

1 recommendation

damir

English is my 2nd language, i try my best