Search similar:

uniqs
EmilioC
join:2014-09-22
philippines

EmilioC

Need help Configure my Zywall USG 300, Firewall, VPN, Load Balancer

Good day fellows,

Need help by configuring my zywall USG 300, if possible step by step guide, answers question and guide me through a process which can solved my problem, i am an IT from an NGO company, my Head purchase two Zywall USG 300 and a couple of USG 20. the usg 300 will be used in our Central office and our usg 20 in our field offices. ive been wondering how to configure and asking any technical help, ive been in Zyxel technical site but for how many days they didn't respond. i am new in this kind of technology but i am willing to learn. any help will so much be appreciated.

i thank you in advance,

mel

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

Brano,
Made a step by step on how to do the VPN
»L2TP VPN on USG - quick how-to

What are you trying to setup with the Firewall? Normally the firewall is turn on by default
EmilioC
philippines

EmilioC

Thank you sir for you reply,. ill restrict social networking sites and etc in the Firewall is that possible?

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
join:2002-06-25
Burlington, ON

Brano

MVM

No, can't do that with firewall. Not even with content filter as it won't block SSL connections. Your best bet is DNS blocking service such as OpenDNS.
EmilioC
philippines

EmilioC

Thank you sir Brano, SuperNet9 forward me a link regarding how to enable vpn on my usg, and im on the process on that, regarding on DNS blocking service sir, how can i implement OpenDNS?

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
Burlington, ON

Brano

MVM

Pick one of their free or paid services »www.opendns.com
Expand your moderator at work
EmilioC
philippines

EmilioC to Brano

to Brano

Re: Need help Configure my Zywall USG 300, Firewall, VPN, Load Balancer

i still cant figure out sir, can you help me with the basic?

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
Burlington, ON
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO
Ubiquiti NanoBeam M5 16

Brano

MVM

To clarify, for site-to-site VPN you'd typically setup plain IPSec VPN tunnel. For that you'd need a device on each side that can terminate the IPSec ...such as USG router or any other router capable of IPSec termination.

For client-to-site VPN also known as road-warrior VPN you'd typically setup L2TP over IPSec VPN. L2TP/IPSec VPN client is built into most operating system such as Windows, Android, iOS, OS-X and Linux.

IPSec site-to-site VPN example is here »Re: 2-Zywall USG 20W attempting site to site vpn
L2TP over IPSec road-warrior VPN example is here »L2TP VPN on USG - quick how-to (Win7 updated)
EmilioC
philippines

EmilioC

thank you sir i will look up for your tutorial, it is possible to initialize a site to site vpn even my modem is in routing mode? since my connection here is only shared, but this two ISP is static, is that possible?

Brano
I hate Vogons
MVM
Burlington, ON
(Software) OPNsense
Ubiquiti UniFi UAP-AC-PRO
Ubiquiti NanoBeam M5 16

Brano

MVM

If the upstream modem allows IPSec pass-through then you can initiate the VPN connection.
If you control the modem and create port forwarding then you can also be the receiver.

Better option is to put the modem into bridge mode though and perhaps share the networks on USG(?).
EmilioC
philippines

EmilioC

Thank you for your suggestion sir, i look forward to it.