Search similar:

uniqs
Newegg4
Comcast steals modems
join:2004-11-14
Norcross, GA

Newegg4

Employer refuses to change # of deductions on W4

According to the IRS website I can add as many as 10 deductions to federal without needing to fill out a new W4, so it is very unlikely that employer can legally deny me the right to change the number of deductions, especially since none of the restrictions apply to me. Is this true?

»www.irs.gov/Individuals/ ··· -Answers

rewron
Premium Member
join:2005-11-18
SW PA

rewron

Premium Member

If you read through the info in your link carefully, you will find that nowhere does it state that an employee is NOT required to submit a revised W4 in order to change withholding.

CylonRed
MVM
join:2000-07-06
Bloom County

CylonRed to Newegg4

MVM

to Newegg4
I believe the employer cant deny or question deduction numbers on a w4. Fill out a new one and have it changed. At my job that can be done online via our pay site.

guppy_fish
Premium Member
join:2003-12-09
Palm Harbor, FL

guppy_fish to Newegg4

Premium Member

to Newegg4
You always have to fill out a new W4 when making changes ... Yes you can claim 10, but if your off by more than 10% come tax time you can be charged penalties for not withhold enough

journeysquid
join:2014-08-01

journeysquid to Newegg4

to Newegg4
Fill out a new form and hand it to them. It takes 2 minutes and is good documentation on both ends.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall to guppy_fish

MVM

to guppy_fish
said by guppy_fish:

You always have to fill out a new W4 when making changes

Did you read the link to the IRS that he posted ? No new W4 is necessary....

That said, he should just fill it out so it's documented. Without a paper copy, the employer could randomly make changes. This way (with a paper copy), both parties are protected.

rewron
Premium Member
join:2005-11-18
SW PA

2 recommendations

rewron

Premium Member

said by Hall:

Did you read the link to the IRS that he posted ? No new W4 is necessary....

It is the EMPLOYER who is not required to submit W4's to the IRS. The EMPLOYEE must still submit a revised W4 to the employer.

Hall
MVM
join:2000-04-28
Germantown, OH

Hall

MVM

Ooops, I read it too quickly