deke40
deke40
Premium Member
join:2003-01-23
Texas

deke40

Premium Member

Virus Warning?

I had my first virus type warning on my Galaxy Tab 4.

Of all things I was searching for a NRSV of the bible.

Got a popup telling me the last site I visited had infected me. I just
closed it out. Wish now I had got an image of it.

Ran Lookout and MBAM and they didn't show anything.
I only get apps from either the Samsung or Google sites.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer

Premium Member

I wish that I could help you more with this, however, if you ran both Lookout and MBAM and nothing was found, it may have been a false positive when the popup showed up. Is the tablet just as fast and responsive as it was before the popup?

Avast once told me that my Gmail app itself was infected, although it was not.
lordpuffer

lordpuffer to deke40

Premium Member

to deke40
I used to use Lookout, and if I remember correctly, Lookout keeps a running log on each event that occurs. You may want to look at that log to see if there is any mention of the infection there.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

i've come to the conclusion if I get a virus on my phone its wipe and reload time. I found lookout and the lot to be clunky resource hogs. But then again I have not used lookout in 2 years so they could have updated it a lot.

lordpuffer
Legalize It Joe!
Premium Member
join:2004-09-19
Old Town, ME
Nokia XS-110G-A
Linksys Velop MX5300

lordpuffer

Premium Member

said by GLIMMER:

i've come to the conclusion if I get a virus on my phone its wipe and reload time. I found lookout and the lot to be clunky resource hogs. But then again I have not used lookout in 2 years so they could have updated it a lot.

I would also wipe and reload my device if I got a virus. When it comes to Lookout, it was using too much battery, so I trashed it and installed Avast. Avast doesn't seem to use as much resources as Lookout.

Gbcue
Premium Member
join:2001-09-30
Santa Rosa, CA

Gbcue to deke40

Premium Member

to deke40
It could have just been a popup.

PamelaTS
Digital Chick
join:2004-04-20
Dallas, TX
Asus RT-AC66
HTC 5G Hub

PamelaTS to deke40

to deke40
I feel ya, I don't know why NRSV isn't included at bible gateway. Though bible gateway app is very usable it does include NIV and The Message along with many others amd I find it a great study resource. In conjunction with or when I don't have my Oxford annotated NRSV handy.

I use bible gateway in Sunday school in conjunction with other hard copies of NRSV, NIV, THE MESSAGE. I feel my students need to understand the various versions are tools also.

dliw
Premium Member
join:2003-03-09
Elsewhere

dliw to Gbcue

Premium Member

to Gbcue
said by Gbcue:

It could have just been a popup.

Almost certain it was a popup link to something liike a virus. I get one sometimes and just back page or use bookmarks to get out of it. As long as you don't click you're safe.

deke40
deke40
Premium Member
join:2003-01-23
Texas

deke40

Premium Member

Just to clarify what happened, the warning I got was from a web page I was on and not anything coming from my tablet.

That is why I immediately closed it out without clicking on any perceived help the site was offering.