uniqs

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to Robotics

Premium Member

to Robotics

Re: [Help] How do I get rid of "Visual Voice Mail" prompt on Galaxy S5 (VZW)

Glad you found a fix. Can please you elaborate on what you mean when you say "put a block on it"? Do you mean through Verizon Customer Service, or through the settings in the app or the phone, itself?

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
join:2003-10-23
Louisa, VA

1 recommendation

Robotics

Premium Member

I believe you can do it through the app.

But, I went to the Verizon web site on my laptop and blocked it that way. And it's working so far after an hour or so.
I used to get it almost every time I would get a text message or even an email...so far, I'm not getting it any more.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

i think we are going to find the carriers switching customers to visual VM because its cheaper and easier than the old system.

gjrhine
join:2001-12-12
Pawleys Island, SC

gjrhine to Robotics

to Robotics
said by Robotics:

it's working so far after an hour or so

Let's see after you have been through a re-boot and software update.

ceepee
@70.192.78.x

ceepee

Anon

We're you able to keep your saved voice mails?? I Def don't want to lose mine. Tia

yellowshoes
@24.27.34.x

yellowshoes

Anon

I guess I find it really odd that anyone would be so opposed to using visual voice mail that you just wouldn't go with it.

Seems like a lot of time wasted on an outdated feature.

Idk just seems weird a person is tech say enough to root their phone but are resistant to move on to visual vm.

It's like the people who have high performance sports cars who never go above 55 and are holding their handset up to their head .
Not that a customer should be expected to understand the wording but it does tell you to do exactly what the op posted as a fix. You would hope that a customer wouldn't need to escalate the issue to the point the op did, but having worked for vzw for 10 years I'm not surprised.

Just gently and bravely come to the future. If you for some reason you have vm messages you need kept in audio form. Save them elsewhere. If they are THAT important you don't want to just leave thrusting vzw will be responsible for keeping them in definitely.
As for the appli cation glitches on the Samsung s5. Go into applications. Force stop. Clear data. Then start over. It will prompt you for basic visual free and decline premium.
I have no problems with popups.

I actually love the feature will probably go premium.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
Louisa, VA

Robotics to ceepee

Premium Member

to ceepee
Yes, all voicemails were saved.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski to yellowshoes

Premium Member

to yellowshoes
People probably don't want to pay money for something they can get for free as well as they hate popups.
GLIMMER
join:2004-01-17
Fisher, IL

GLIMMER

basic visual voice mail is free according to the verizon site.

ptrowski
Got Helix?
Premium Member
join:2005-03-14
Woodstock, CT

ptrowski

Premium Member

I was referring to Premium.

vzretired
@162.223.216.x

1 recommendation

vzretired to yellowshoes

Anon

to yellowshoes
I worked for and retired from VZ. I have no problem with new options and services. However, I do have a problem with having to do go through this process when you don't want the feature. Having the option to choose is one thing, but being forced to choose is another. Some of us are perfectly happy with not coming to the future...

nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium Member
join:2000-11-28
New London, CT

nelamvr6 to Robotics

Premium Member

to Robotics
said by Robotics:

I believe you can do it through the app.

But, I went to the Verizon web site on my laptop and blocked it that way. And it's working so far after an hour or so.
I used to get it almost every time I would get a text message or even an email...so far, I'm not getting it any more.

Could you please describe how you blocked it on the Verizon web site? What link do I have to click on?
nelamvr6

nelamvr6 to yellowshoes

Premium Member

to yellowshoes
I'm not opposed to visual voice mail. That's why I started using Google Voice YEARS AGO!

I am opposed to Verizon's craptastic attempt to start a VMM service, and also to their crappy messages to set up VMM that can't be stopped!

Any questions?
said by yellowshoes :

I guess I find it really odd that anyone would be so opposed to using visual voice mail that you just wouldn't go with it.

Seems like a lot of time wasted on an outdated feature.

Idk just seems weird a person is tech say enough to root their phone but are resistant to move on to visual vm.

It's like the people who have high performance sports cars who never go above 55 and are holding their handset up to their head .
Not that a customer should be expected to understand the wording but it does tell you to do exactly what the op posted as a fix. You would hope that a customer wouldn't need to escalate the issue to the point the op did, but having worked for vzw for 10 years I'm not surprised.

Just gently and bravely come to the future. If you for some reason you have vm messages you need kept in audio form. Save them elsewhere. If they are THAT important you don't want to just leave thrusting vzw will be responsible for keeping them in definitely.
As for the appli cation glitches on the Samsung s5. Go into applications. Force stop. Clear data. Then start over. It will prompt you for basic visual free and decline premium.
I have no problems with popups.

I actually love the feature will probably go premium.

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member
Louisa, VA

1 edit

1 recommendation

Robotics to nelamvr6

Premium Member

to nelamvr6
Log into your account on their site then on the left you will see "Block Services", click that, then the page re-loads and then you want to click on "Purchases", and its at the bottom of the selections "Block Visual Voice Mail".

Make sure you sign up for it first (via your phone), then go to your account page and block it. If you don't sign up, the nagging reminder to sign up will continue to come in.

You can leave it unblocked and still use that "now" free service, or block it if you choose and continue using the original voice mail.

But in order to call into your original voice mail, you will now have to lay on the number one (1) on your dial pad screen.
At least that's how I have to call it now.

nelamvr6
High-End Headphoniac
Premium Member
join:2000-11-28
New London, CT

nelamvr6

Premium Member

Thanks very much!

Robotics
See You On The Dark Side
Premium Member