Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

1 edit

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

[TV] Forever

Interesting premise. Might check it out. What do you guys think?
»au.ibtimes.com/articles/ ··· FBmjD_cs

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· VnyJ16d4

Packeteers
Premium Member
join:2005-06-18
Forest Hills, NY
Asus RT-AC3100
(Software) Asuswrt-Merlin

4 edits

Packeteers

Premium Member

how do they deal with his body? i mean, yeah he dies but his body gets teleported to the nearest river too?
an additionally weird premise - they should have just stuck with regeneration and immortality, not resurrection.

update: with E2 it seems he's more fearful of dying in front of a camera because of that disappearing corpse trick that bothers me
more than resurrection. after having watched two of these, it feels too much like castle meets the mentalist, so i'm done here

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
See also: »ABC Forever trailer..

I wasn't impressed by the trailer (didn't New Amsterdam have a similar premise?)
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to Alpha Phoenix

to Alpha Phoenix
I PVR'ed this yesterday and will watch it tonight. The premise was just weird enough to pique my interest.

NefCanuck

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero to Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

to Alpha Phoenix
I checked it out. I don't think its going to last very long, but we'll see. Its a very pale detective type story that has to have a gimic to be relevant.

See:

•Sherlock
•Elementary
•Unforgettable
•Perception

for more examples of a key gimic to carry the partnership and the show.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

2 recommendations

darcilicious

Premium Member

I would rate both Sherlock (especially) and Elementary heads and shoulders above the other two you listed. The writing for those last two just doesn't compare.

TwiztedZero
Nine Zero Burp Nine Six
Premium Member
join:2011-03-31
Toronto, ON

TwiztedZero

Premium Member

I agree on that too. I just didn't want to give out any spoilers as to his other talents that we've been exposed to so far since it just opened and a great many people haven't seen it yet.
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to Alpha Phoenix

to Alpha Phoenix
Without getting into spoilers after watching the pilot, I will say that this one looks entertaining but may find itself handcuffed by the "gimmick" of the show.

NefCanuck

seginus
join:2008-01-30
Wendell, NC

seginus to Alpha Phoenix

to Alpha Phoenix
I watched the pilot yesterday and have ep 1 on the DVR. I like Ioan Gruffud (yes, from his Hornblower days). Right now, that is my draw to the show. Pilot was interesting (acknowledging the standard tropes) and will give it a few episodes before deciding it its a keeper. Based on my history with shows I like, if I turn out to like this one, it will soon be cancelled. So, fair warning.

Alpha Phoenix
Premium Member
join:2001-06-15
Brooklyn, NY

Alpha Phoenix to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
said by darcilicious:

I would rate both Sherlock (especially) and Elementary heads and shoulders above the other two you listed. The writing for those last two just doesn't compare.

Agreed!
Alpha Phoenix

Alpha Phoenix

Premium Member

Started watching this, and I actually like it. His mannerisms in his ways of deductive reasoning do seem a bit like Jonny Lee Miller's Sherlock on Elementary, but I do like how the show is premised. At least since it's not on FOX, there's some hope for it.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Reminded me quite a bit of Elementary......like it so far.

Best of the new shows anyway.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

I don't agree with "best" but it's "good enough" that I'll keep watching