spc
Search similar:

uniqs
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

Caller ID Fix on VMS Boxes

The other day my Caller ID feature stopped working. Out of the blue. In the past, I would then go to Settings - Fix FiOS TV Issues - Caller ID. And see if I get the Caller ID box on the screen. Pretty straightforward. I am sure some of you have fixed it this way as well.

However, I do not see that option anymore. Does anyone know if they took it out, or relocated it?

I do not know if it is this Build on the VMS boxes that took it out , or things of that nature.

Also, when I click on "Check Availability" for the Caller ID feature, nothing happens. It does not say already enabled or anything.

I do not want to call VZ just for this issue.

Any help would be appreciated.

WebCobbler
zifnab966
join:2014-06-18
united state

zifnab966

I'm not sure if the caller id troubleshooter is in the current build or not. Try disabling notifications, going back to live tv, then going back in and re-enabling notifications. That should re-register the box.
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler

Thank You, zifnab966. This worked on the VMS.

I will try it on my Client Box later today.

Also, I do not believe that the Caller ID troubleshoot is in this build. Since I could not find it. They should definitely add it back in. Along with Flexible Focus, Classic View, etc.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to webcobbler

to webcobbler
I have a 7232 DVR and last night I happened to notice my caller ID was not working. I ran the troubleshooter and it said it was unable to register caller ID on my receiver and that I needed to call tech support. I tried running it twice.

MeatChicken
join:2007-08-15
Paramus, NJ

MeatChicken

Same with me last nite, 7232 ... haven't checked checked yet today ...

stevek1949
We're not in Kansas anymore
Premium Member
join:2002-11-13
Virginia Beach, VA

stevek1949 to webcobbler

Premium Member

to webcobbler
I also have VMS and the caller ID suddenly went away on either Saturday or Sunday. I tried the notification bounce, but it would not show.

Last night, it was suddenly working again. I didn't do anything more, did not call for support either. It just started working.
Steve3
join:2010-01-28
Springfield, NJ

Steve3

I had the same thing. I called and they told me if was a system issue and they were repairing it. It is ok now.