spc
Search similar:

uniqs

Randy33
@63.83.24.x

Randy33

Anon

PLC issue

We have all of the correct outputs from the plc telling the conveyor to run but it wont go. We are not getting control voltage to the contactor but when we force the contact on it runs and shows the correct inputs on the plc. why would we have no voltage to the coil

tschmidt
MVM
join:2000-11-12
Milford, NH

tschmidt

MVM

Without seeing a schematic hard to tell for sure.

Since PLC output is good but no voltage at contactor may have a wiring problem. Assuming PLC switches hot have you checked neutral continuity?

/tom
keno5net
join:2002-01-05
Milwaukee, WI

keno5net to Randy33

to Randy33
Could still be a bad output card I have seen relay outputs that light up but the relay on the card is bad and there is no output. This can happen to a triac output as well. Time to get out the meter and start troubleshooting the circuit. Beware of high impedance volt meters tho. Outputs can appear to be on with the high impedance meter but won't drive any real load.

SparkChaser
Premium Member
join:2000-06-06
Downingtown, PA

SparkChaser

Premium Member

said by keno5net:

Could still be a bad output card I have seen relay outputs that light up but the relay on the card is bad and there is no output.

Yeah, I was trying to figure what this "We have all of the correct outputs from the plc telling the conveyor to run but it wont go" meant.

Jason
Stowage Class Traveler

join:2001-01-24
38.2967 Lat

Jason to Randy33

to Randy33
Firstly: What make / model PLC?

Secondly, we're going to need a quick schematic of the electrical layout to be able help much.