Premium Member
join:2002-05-21
Burlington, WV
ARRIS NVG443B
Ubiquiti NanoStation loco M2

Hank

Premium Member

Application and browser issues

For the past few days I have been having some issues with this. This morning I responded to an email, then sent the email and went to IE to review this forum and the news. The email has replaced both screens and I could not get rid of it. I have to close IE and relaunch to clear the issue. This has also been occurring with one tab in IE replacing another tab. The solution is always the same. Any suggestions?
19579823 (banned)
An Awesome Dude
join:2003-08-04

19579823 (banned)

Hmmmmmm ya mean your email opened tabs and closed the tabs you had open from the site here??

Hmmmmm Have ya tried locking the tabs buddy and see what happens??

Hank
Searching for a new Frontier
Premium Member
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

No, I stated that it replaced the information contained within the IE tab's.

plencnerb
Premium Member
join:2000-09-25
53403-1242

plencnerb to Hank

Premium Member

to Hank

Re: Application and browser issues

What program are you using for e-mail? Is it a stand alone program (Thunderbird, Seamonkey, Outlook, etc), or are you using IE and browsing to a webpage (Like google, yahoo, etc)?

Knowing that information may help others solve this problem. If you are using a stand-alone client, I don't see how that would have any effect on what you doing inside of IE.

--Brian

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV

1 edit

Hank

Premium Member

I am using Outlook. However it is just not my mail application, its is also Word, Adobe Reader, etc.
Hank

Hank

Premium Member

Problems continued with IE11 so I threw in the towel and have turned IE off and moved to Firefox. I tried a couple other browers before settling on Firefox.

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7 to Hank

to Hank
said by Hank:

the email and went to IE to review this forum and the news. The email has replaced both screens and I could not get rid of it.

I think a screenshot would have helped clarify the problem. What do you mean "both screens"?

Hank
Premium Member
Burlington, WV

Hank

Premium Member

Hi Hard Harry - may have but after posting the original issue and apparently correcting the first problem additional problems continued to creep up. So after testing several browers I settled on Firefox.