dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
freakoutguy
join:2011-11-17

freakoutguy

[Internet] Does the New HH2000 modem allow QOS like DD-WRT?

I have Fibe 25/10 and the Sagemcom for over 3 years now. Since, I have several users and devices that access my wireless network, I have bridged the SAGEMCOM with a DD-WRT router. My preferred method of QOS is to set specific speeds for each device using the MAC filter. For example, devices/users that are heavy downloaders get only 2-3 mbps download. While this set-up works in helping me with keeping my bandwidth within my allocated usage of 400 GB, due to the overall crappiness of the SAGEMCOM, I drop connection every 2-3 days and have to reboot the modem. I was wondering if I get an upgrade to the HH2000 and use it as a modem/router, it would offer "true" QOS. From, what I can read from the Bell web-site, it does allow you to completely deny access by MAC by time periods. However, my interest is more in terms of limiting download speeds. Anybody with experience with the HH2000 in this area?

clone1994
@70.49.163.x

clone1994

Anon

I have set-up multiple HH2000 now and I can confirm there is no control over dl speeds.
Cloneman
join:2002-08-29
Montreal

Cloneman to freakoutguy

to freakoutguy
I've yet to see an example of a consumer device where QoS is functional. You're wasting your time. The only thing that works well is Tomato Shibby / Toastman.

The modem reboots because the new Sagemcom firmware sucks. The old one was better. The new modem probably won't reboot.