spc
Search similar:

uniqs

TigerLord

join:2002-06-09
Canada

TigerLord

Stronghold Crusader 2

I bought it yesterday because I am a sucker for those games and the original Stronghold Crusader was a lot of fun.

For those who are unaware, the game is a RTS set in the medieval time. It's a mix of Age of Empires and Anno. It's nowhere near as deep as an Anno game, but the economy side of it is very important.

You get to build your fortifications piece by piece. You decide where to put towers (and what size), gates, you can man the walls and the towers (with range bonuses the higher you are), etc.

I just put 5 hours in it and finished the first two campains. The production value is low, the graphics are no better than Starcraft II thought it is rendered in full 3D. I'm certainly having fun.

Anyone else play it?

Gundy
Premium Member
join:2002-10-29

Gundy

Premium Member

Dooooood, I saw this the other day on steams page. I liked the original stronghold but its been forever since I've played it.

I heard one of the recent stronghold games was garbage so it sorta put me off on this Stronghold Crusader 2.

Your review has me doubting waiting.. and I might have to pick this up!

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

Indeed the last Stronghold game was utter garbage. This one however, isn't. If you're on the fence you might consider getting it on sale. I paid 37.50 for it at Greenmangaming with a coupon.

Gundy
Premium Member
join:2002-10-29

Gundy to TigerLord

Premium Member

to TigerLord
Awesome! I'll have to keep an eye for the sale.

Is there just coupons on the web for games? I saw one listed awhile back for gauntlet as well but apparently the key isn't valid anymore. Or was it game specific?

TigerLord

Canada

TigerLord

SEPTEM-BEROFF-ER25XX should still work.
TigerLord

TigerLord

»youtu.be/1lORmgVXOFQ?lis ··· 7PVjHXKQ