spc
Search similar:

uniqs
TherapyChick
join:2003-09-19
Fayetteville, NC

TherapyChick

Can't login or reset my Wordpress password

OK - so I have a site that I don't mess with much, been a while since I last logged in, and when I tried to login today it told me my password was bad. (I use LastPass so password should have been fine and not like I just forgot it)

Anyway, so I try the 'password reset' thing, but that redirects to a page not found.

This is the login/password reset page if you want to see what it's doing: (username is the default "admin" name)

»cumberlandcolors.com/wp- ··· password

I can login to the FTP side of it, so if there's a password file or something I can do from that let me know, but I just can't login to the Wordpress account for the site. Thanks!

Chubbzie
join:2014-02-11
Greenville, NC

1 recommendation

Chubbzie

Try some of these options out:

Login Trouble

There are a couple of tips that are tailored for ftp access.

stray
join:2000-01-16
Warren, NJ

stray to TherapyChick

to TherapyChick
Easiest thing is to use phpmyadmin to edit the SQL database that contains your login. Find the table "wp_users", find your username, edit the password field, set to MD5, and save. See Chubbzie's link for more details.
TherapyChick
join:2003-09-19
Fayetteville, NC

TherapyChick

I had done that a little while after seeing Chubbzie's post, and I know I did it correctly (pretty easy), and still no love.

Chubbzie
join:2014-02-11
Greenville, NC

Chubbzie

Can you contact the hosting provider and ask for assistance?

Mospaw
My socks don't match.

join:2001-01-08
New Braunfels, TX

Mospaw to TherapyChick

to TherapyChick
DISCLAIMER: this advice has worked for me many many times, but also has the potential to break the database, lock someone else out of their account, etc. if done incorrectly.

If you have access to the database for that site, you can reset the password manually with a query like this:

UPDATE `wp_users` SET `user_pass` = md5('new_password') WHERE `ID` = 1

You will need to change the '1' to whatever user ID your user has and 'new_password' to the text of your new password.

Also the table most likely is 'wp_users' but may have another name.