uniqs

Trimline
Premium Member
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL

Trimline

Premium Member

[Equipment] Obi110 Bridge Adapter Replacement

I've got the Obi110 and after 2 months of service, no longer works in bridged mode. Anytime I hook up the POTS line, the caller gets a busy signal. Not sure, but it's probably defective.

I've reset/restored, etc.. Still not working. It's primary function is to provide a trunk to my Asterisk box.

What other ATA's can be placed in bridged mode besides the Obi110.

Thanks!

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

I would get a $10 BasicTalk ATA and hack it back into a Grandstream HT701. Might be the cheapest way to get there.
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo to Trimline

Premium Member

to Trimline
said by Trimline:

I've got the Obi110 and after 2 months of service, no longer works in bridged mode.

You may wanna contact ObiHai to ask for a free replacement under a 1 year warranty.

toro
join:2006-01-27
Scarborough, ON

toro to graysonf

to graysonf
The OP is looking for an FXO adapter, the HT701 is FXS.
As far as FXO ATAs, on the consumer grade side I can think of Grandstream 503, SPA3000 and SPA3102. If you are looking for a better grade, Quintum AFT series, Audiocodes MP112/114/118 (those can be both FXS and FXO so you must check the exact model).

Trimline
Premium Member
join:2004-10-24
Windermere, FL

Trimline to mazilo

Premium Member

to mazilo
said by mazilo:

You may wanna contact ObiHai

Thanks! You know, I really hadn't thought of that. I contacted Obihai and they ran diagnostics and agreed the line port was not working. They are going to swap it out for me. I'm really impressed with their support.

Thanks again!
mazilo
From Mazilo
Premium Member
join:2002-05-30
Lilburn, GA

mazilo

Premium Member

said by Trimline:

said by mazilo:

Thanks! You know, I really hadn't thought of that. I contacted Obihai and they ran diagnostics and agreed the line port was not working. They are going to swap it out for me. I'm really impressed with their support.

This also happened to my friends whom I recommended to purchase an OBi-110. Their devices also went bad within the 1 year warranty period and replaced by ObiHai immediately. Unfortunately, after a few months of the replacements, one unit went bad and it already passed the 1 year warranty period.
andre2
join:2005-08-24
Brookline, MA

andre2

If it was purchased by credit card, it might have qualified for an extended warranty.

»www.creditcards.com/cred ··· 1273.php
Dan_voip
join:2007-01-03
Saint-Hubert, QC

Dan_voip to mazilo

to mazilo
said by mazilo:

said by Trimline:

said by mazilo:

This also happened to my friends whom I recommended to purchase an OBi-110. Their devices also went bad within the 1 year warranty period and replaced by ObiHai immediately. Unfortunately, after a few months of the replacements, one unit went bad and it already passed the 1 year warranty period.

I wonder if the initial problem was because of the phone line like an over voltage or something like that and if there is something to put between OBI and the phone line to avoid the same problem in the future.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

I have had OBi110 devices damaged both by lightning and high loop current. Now I place them behind a surge protector and loop current regulator.

N.B.: In my case, the symptoms were severe audio distortion, not the FXO port permanently off hook, but anything is possible.
DaveSin
join:2009-07-17

DaveSin

What does the "Loop Current regulator" looks like (link?)? Do you know if it is poor grounding of the electrical system and/or phone line the source of the problem? Would "proper grounding" eliminate the problem? What gives rise to high loop current?

I have a OBi110 installed at a friend's house for the pass 3 years and haven't had any problems at all. We are not using the FXO port (no landline) and the OBi110 is plugged into a surge protector, connected to the house wiring and a Doorbell Fon.
said by Mango:

I have had OBi110 devices damaged both by lightning and high loop current. Now I place them behind a surge protector and loop current regulator.

N.B.: In my case, the symptoms were severe audio distortion, not the FXO port permanently off hook, but anything is possible.

Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

said by DaveSin:

What does the "Loop Current regulator" looks like (link?)

This one: »www.sandman.com/loop.htm ··· egulator
said by DaveSin:

Would "proper grounding" eliminate the problem? What gives rise to high loop current?

High loop current is not related to grounding. Apparently the common causes are short distance to the CO, heavy gauge wire between you and the CO, and/or a malfunctioning line card.