All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
orlofsky
join:2014-09-23
USA

orlofsky

Zywall "Test Connectivity" Button. What is trick with this button?

In some recent testing of a Zywall 110, I noticed there is a button on some screens titled "Test Connectivity". I presume this button appears on other Zywall models. The pop-up form takes an argument of an IP address. Enter an IP address and click OK and an hourglass type animation appears for about 15 seconds. Presumably this pop-up form is triggering a PING command. Regardless of the IP address I type, the test always reports that there is no connectivity. However I know independently that there is connectivity to that IP address.

Between browser certificate issues and JAVA issues I have not tested the underlying PING command available in the CLI using the GUI console.

Is there some trick with the security policy or elsewhere in the configuration to make this button work as expected? Have others gotten useful results form this button?

Orlofsky
gb5102
join:2003-10-07
Saint Paul, MN

gb5102

Re: Zywall "Test Connectivity" Button. What is trick with this button?

Click for full size
Are you referring to the 'Connectivity Check' button on the IPSec VPN Monitor page? Just tested and it works for me.

Are you sure your IPSec, routing and firewall policies on both sides allow traffic between the zywall and the address your are 'checking connectivity'?