spc
Search similar:

uniqs
zipzip99
join:2006-09-24
Hoboken, NJ

zipzip99

[OOL] Poor quality as ussual

Call in because service goes out. First high packet loss then modem is going off-line.
Call into OOL and they say they need to send out a technitian
Sign downstream accross all channels is 8db which should be fine.
Ask to check neighbors signal strenght and they say they can't
You guys need to get better troubleshooting tools.
This is why the customer service is so low. Figure out ways to give customers what they are paying for which is relyable service.
frdrizzt
join:2008-05-03
Ronkonkoma, NY

frdrizzt

A neighbor's signal strength is almost entirely meaningless, as you have no idea how many splitters they go through or any internal wiring setup. The modem is going offline and they set up a tech repair. They do have a tool which will check for some issues in the neighborhood, but not specific individual neighbors. How are your upstream signals?

And for the record, Cablevision's "Customer Service" category is given the top score by JD power regularly.

Boooost
@24.190.186.x

Boooost

Anon

I dunno about that. They have this foreign "Lawn Guyland" accent.

anon8
@67.85.240.x

anon8 to zipzip99

Anon

to zipzip99
I'm sure they can check your neighbors but that would probably involve spending time bringing up your neighbors account to look. If you have packet loss at your modem and the modem is going offline what does that have to do with your neighbor? I'm sure there would also be times when two neighbors will be having issues that could be completely unrelated to an outage in the area or an issue out on the pole because of bad internal wiring. A tech probably does have to go back out to rule out any internal issues or an issue with the wiring coming from the outside before they do anything else.

As for providing customers with reliable service I believe I had only 1 service tech out to my home for a service issue in over 10 years. I understand that my experience is not shared by everyone but my service has been really stable with no speed issues or connection problems. The only thing I did was upgrade my modem to a D3 modem and replaced my cable boxes when they got old and slowing down a bit.