spc
Search similar:

uniqs

nbafan
@70.57.95.x

nbafan

Anon

[CenturyTel] refurbished modems sick of renting

I Want to get a refurbished modem c1000z on eBay to stop renting. But what's a trustworthy seller. Please help?
gapmn
join:2013-11-10
Saint Paul, MN

gapmn

Someone that has a "positive feedback."

nbafan
@70.57.95.x

nbafan

Anon

I ment what seller would you recommend?
TheMayor
join:2002-05-09

TheMayor

On Ebay it's hard to recommend a seller because I could recommend I bought a modem from user ABCD, but when you look at the same user, they are probably not selling the same modem.

Like Gapmn mentioned, find a seller who has the modem you want & look at their feedback as a seller. See if anybody has posted fairly recent positive comments

sweller
join:2009-04-25
Tucson, AZ

sweller to nbafan

to nbafan
I would not consider this: »www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine ··· 3d50b220

"Seller Refurbished" is meaningless. Particularly when, "Power adapter,phone cord and cat5e cable are NOT INCLUDED!”

I might consider this: »www.ebay.com/itm/Century ··· ece46942
BlakePaulson
join:2008-08-06
Alexandria, MN

BlakePaulson to nbafan

to nbafan
Unless you need the c1000z I'd recommend the PK50001z

»www.ebay.com/itm/CENTURY ··· 961c427e

That's just me though... I bought that one for my parents and it's been rock solid... looks like a lot of people are unloading them too so the price has come down quite a bit on them.

nbafan
@70.57.95.x

nbafan

Anon

Yes I need the c1000z because I have 40 down 5up. Vdsl2 service
coryw
join:2013-12-22
Flagstaff, AZ

coryw to nbafan

to nbafan
In my experience, there's not like just a few sellers selling all of the modems on eBay. What seems to happen is that at any given time there'll be a few hundred sellers of modems online, and most of them will be home users who are clearing out a basement or who canceled their CL service or moved or got a different modem for whatever reason.

If you're looking for a reputable seller, Best Buy, WalMart and a few other local retailers may have new C1000-series modems on sale, but that's most likely to be a C1000a.

The other option, if you're already using a modem, is to just buy the modem you're already using. If you're worried about getting a bum unit on eBay, and you're sure that the modem already sitting on your desk or bookshelf works, why not just spend the extra money to own the unit you already trust?