spc
Search similar:

uniqs

BHVOP
@72.239.217.x

BHVOP

Anon

[Phone] BH Phone Question

Can you have your number Unlisted and Unpublished without having Private number show up when you call someone?

TIA
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
join:2006-02-16
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

Unfortunately no....
sestrada
Premium Member
join:2012-11-05
U.S.A.
·Charter

1 edit

sestrada

Premium Member

Do you mean the phone number doesn't show up either?

Unpublished keeps a number out of the phonebook, unlisted keeps it out of 411.

Hiding a number on an outbound call is something else.

»support.brighthouse.com/ ··· er-8765/

»support.brighthouse.com/ ··· Id-2328/
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

1 edit

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by sestrada:

Why not?

Do you mean the phone number doesn't show up either?

Unpublished keeps a number out of the phonebook, unlisted keeps it out of 411.

Hiding a number on an outbound call is something else.

»support.brighthouse.com/ ··· er-8765/

»support.brighthouse.com/ ··· Id-2328/

This for starters...

»www.fcc.gov/guides/calle ··· spoofing

Call recipients have the right to know your number is being blocked or private. This gives them the ability to prevent calls of this nature from reaching them if they so desire.

IndyBNH
@50.90.55.x

IndyBNH

Anon

Is it possible to disable call waiting?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by IndyBNH :

Sure....this is done at the billing level. Customer Care can help you with that.

geo44
join:2013-03-20
Saint Petersburg, FL

geo44 to BHNtechXpert

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

This for starters...

»www.fcc.gov/guides/calle ··· spoofing

Call recipients have the right to know your number is being blocked or private. This gives them the ability to prevent calls of this nature from reaching them if they so desire.

Now if the Truth in caller ID act would be enforced...
I get spoofed caller IDs frequently.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by geo44:

Now if the Truth in caller ID act would be enforced...
I get spoofed caller IDs frequently.

We so feel your pain.... not a matter of enforcement but actually catching them in the act.....

BHVOP
@72.239.217.x

BHVOP to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
said by BHNtechXpert:

Unfortunately no....

That's too bad. The phone company allows your number to be unlisted and unpublished for a fee, but when you call someone they will allow your number to appear on there caller ID. BH says they will let your number show up but then I would have to allow listed but I can keep unpublished and it costs $1.99 to do this. This doesn't make sense. All I want instead of having to dial *82 to have my number displayed. Why can't BH allow your number to be displayed and keep unlisted and unpublished? If you try calling a person who has private caller blocking enabled then I can't complete the call unless I dial *82 first. A bit of a nuisance to have to dial *82 each time. All I really want is unlisted and unpublished. I don't care if my number shows up on someone caller id.

Why do they make this so complicated? ATT (yuck) allows you to do this why can't BH?

gigahurtz
Premium Member
join:2001-10-20
USA

gigahurtz to IndyBNH

Premium Member

to IndyBNH
said by IndyBNH :

FYI - If you wanted to do this on a call by call basis, you could dial *70 prior to dialing the number and it will block call waiting for that call only.
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert to BHVOP

Premium Member

to BHVOP
said by BHVOP :

That's too bad. The phone company allows your number to be unlisted and unpublished for a fee, but when you call someone they will allow your number to appear on there caller ID. BH says they will let your number show up but then I would have to allow listed but I can keep unpublished and it costs $1.99 to do this. This doesn't make sense. All I want instead of having to dial *82 to have my number displayed. Why can't BH allow your number to be displayed and keep unlisted and unpublished? If you try calling a person who has private caller blocking enabled then I can't complete the call unless I dial *82 first. A bit of a nuisance to have to dial *82 each time. All I really want is unlisted and unpublished. I don't care if my number shows up on someone caller id.

I am not sure that is the case (meaning we do the same thing they do from that perspective) but will check.

BHVOP
@72.239.217.x

BHVOP

Anon

said by BHNtechXpert:

I am not sure that is the case (meaning we do the same thing they do from that perspective) but will check.

Okay thanks
BHVOP

BHVOP to BHNtechXpert

Anon

to BHNtechXpert
Apparently it can be done. I just got off the phone with Tier 3 support. They said leaving your number private and changing the way your caller id shows up are 2 separate things and not just one feature.

If you find out differently please let me know.

Thanks.

DeadSurvivor
Actor (The Asylum / Mill Creek Ent.)
Premium Member
join:2013-09-03
Tampa, FL

DeadSurvivor to BHVOP

Premium Member

to BHVOP
Been getting tired of the spoofing on the Caller ID but guess there is no way to block those?
BHNtechXpert
The One & Only
Premium Member
Saint Petersburg, FL

BHNtechXpert

Premium Member

said by DeadSurvivor:

Been getting tired of the spoofing on the Caller ID but guess there is no way to block those?

Sadly there isn't. Are you sure it's spoofed?