uniqs

scjohnson
join:2010-07-21
Chicago, IL
Motorola MB8600
Ubiquiti EdgeRouter X
Apple AirPort Extreme (2013)

scjohnson

[X1-X2] X1 lost all settings, now significantly faster?

The other night my X1 terminal lost all of its settings, it was almost as if it became a new box. However, once this happened, the interface has been significantly faster (less lag when displaying menus). What happened here? Did my box have a flash wipe, or did the headend possibly get reset?

Gotpizza
join:2014-09-23
Fort Myers, FL

Gotpizza

What firmware and xre version are you on at that box?

scjohnson
Chicago, IL

scjohnson

1.45.06 (was same version before and after), 1.3.3

wolf
@208.77.28.x

wolf

Anon

1.46.01, 1.3.4

We just got a menu change although not the same one you apparently received. We can still change the video output resolution, but the entire Settings menu has changed in terms of layout. Now all Settings options (Preferences, Device Settings etc) are displayed as a single list on one page with no "preview" when mousing over/selecting one of them as to what your current settings are. You have to select each option (and possibly one or more sub-menus) in order to see your current settings. I don't consider this an improvement, it's now more clunky than it was previously to view/change your box' settings & involves more clicks. The rest of the main options (Guide, Saved, On Demand, Search, Apps) look like they haven't changed.
wolf

wolf

Anon

Forgot to mention, but nothing's any faster that I can notice & didn't lose any settings...

scjohnson
Chicago, IL

scjohnson to wolf

to wolf
Still 1.45.06 and 1.3.3 here. I'm guessing something happened at the headend since I doubt settings are saved locally; nothing else seems to be.

wolf
@74.121.100.x

wolf

Anon

Menu reverted back this morning, looks like someone's "playing" again...

scjohnson
Chicago, IL

scjohnson

Never got it. We'll probably see it in a week.
scjohnson

scjohnson to wolf

to wolf
Just got 1.3.4p1s7 and 1.46.05. Things have gradually declined back to being very sluggish on the companion again. However, I can now adjust the device lights brightness and the boot screen has changed slightly.