dslreports logo

All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jejeclav
join:2014-09-28

jejeclav

[Cable] No internet after transfer from Videotron 45 days rafte (Qc)

Aug 16 : I ordered their Cable service (Extreme 20) as transfer from Videotron
I was emailed that it would take 3 to 7 days to get an appointment (it is also indicated on their website).
During the order process, I had indicated that I needed installation during a weekend (they give you time slots to choose)
First phone call for an appointment : 12 September (that is to say nearly a month after I pass the order!)- they give me an appointment on a weekday. OK...let us fix another apointment. They will call me back
Second call : 15 September. They AGAIN give me an apointment for a weekday
Third call : 19 September: Appointment given for Saturday 9-28 - at last!!!
Saturday 9-28. The technician comes. He says he works principally for Videotron. After 10 minutes he leaves my home, saying: you should have internet in 3 minutes (why can't he check it????). After 3 hours, no internet. I call the service department. After waiting for approx 1 hour, someone calls me. He says that he cannot do anything because the service is closed (it is Saturday, 1 pm),but I should call back tomorrow.
I call again the next day (Sunday), wait again a long time on the phone, and now I am told that they cannot do anything, but that I should check whether the service is working in 2 more days.

Conclusion : This company is unable to fulfill their commitment. They take your money and then NOTHING HAPPENS. Currently, my home has no internet, no phone line (it is an internet phone) and therefore no burglar alarm.