Search similar:

uniqs

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

[Hockey] Where were you 42 yrs ago today?

»t.co/gXf4mVNBKf

I remember watching these games while living on a farm in Eastern Quebec.

Had a few sidebets with the dummies rooting for Russia.

Thingamajig
Premium Member
join:2004-11-03
B.C.

Thingamajig

Premium Member

They were broadcast midday here on the west coast. I had a 6" 12 volt TV jammed in my desk during class at my high school. Got excited a few times and got kicked out of class. Off to the cafeteria, plugged it in and continued watching. Word got out the game was on in the cafeteria, about 100 kids jammed around a 6" TV. An unforgettable experience.

g121
play lordsgame com | Phone Cops are real
join:2004-05-28
Toronto
Hitron CODA-4680
Asus RT-AC86
Grandstream HT812

g121 to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
wow .. it's been 42 years .. wow : )) ..

we watched games 5, 6 & 7 in our high school but for game 8, screw it, we watched the game in my buddy's basement.

*chuckles* for any Canadian of our vintage, 1972Sep28th will forever be our crowning hockey moment. you can never supplant the first time .. the Summit series is a very, very, very fond memory. that final goal with only 34 seconds left still gives me chills.

»youtu.be/lMf2fAXPS1Q

&, personally, i can't fathom why Paul Henderson is not in the hockey hall of fame. he scored the game winners for games 6, 7 & 8.

cheers from Toronto ..
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
I was a month old so I don't remember a whole heck of a lot.
Riamen
Premium Member
join:2002-11-04
Calgary

Riamen to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
I was in grade 9 and my school actually set up TVs in the cafeteria so we could watch the games.

DKS
Damn Kidney Stones

join:2001-03-22
Owen Sound, ON

DKS to Thingamajig

to Thingamajig
said by Thingamajig:

They were broadcast midday here on the west coast. I had a 6" 12 volt TV jammed in my desk during class at my high school. Got excited a few times and got kicked out of class. Off to the cafeteria, plugged it in and continued watching. Word got out the game was on in the cafeteria, about 100 kids jammed around a 6" TV. An unforgettable experience.

Our high school set up TV's in the library, in the caf and some teachers turned them on in their classrooms.
Bob Anderson
join:2001-05-05
Ottawa, ON

Bob Anderson to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
In Sept. '72 I did not have a TV and had not had one since '66 so I was not a fan of TV and less so of hockey. I was in my statistics class at Carleton U when the class dwindled to about 8 students and the prof gave up and went to the TV set in the commons room. I walked home. There were no cars or people on the roads. I might have been the only adult Canadian who did not watch the game.

-Bob

koira
Hey Siri Walk Me
Premium Member
join:2004-02-16

koira to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
I was in high school, the school gave us the afternoon off.
I went downtown to buy a Dynaco stereo amplifier kit.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

to ZZZZZZZ
OLD FARTS!!!!

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ

Premium Member

Ya but we've got the memories..........young whippersnappers. lol

modemport
join:2013-08-26
Montreal, QC

1 edit

modemport to ZZZZZZZ

to ZZZZZZZ
I'm an old fart too, HiVolt.
Half century mark this past June.

42 yrs ago I was a whopping 8 yrs old; at the time the OP wrote the post I was fast asleep in bed. Earlier in the day I was in elementary school, being a diligent A student. At this time of the year, I would have taken my bike to school in the morning, driven home and back for lunch, and back home on the bike at the end of the day. Almost 4 miles total.

If there was a hockey game on, I have no memory of it, nor would I, being a firm believer that hockey is boring, it sucks, everybody involved in it is grossly overpaid, and people generally like it for the violence it offers.

In fact, I have no memory of ever caring or watching a hockey game on the tube and I'm quite fine with that.

I do, however, remember Montrealers going bonkers and rioting the last time we won the cup. Hours flipping through channels, French and English, to get all the updates.

Same thing when Vancouverites went nuts.

Gotta love being Canadian, but we turn into Americans when it comes to hockey.
Which isn't a good thing.

That being said, I'm glad some of you have good strong memories of that particular game. Not liking it myself doesn't mean I want to detract any pleasure nor fun anyone else may get from it.

God bless hockey fans in Canada.
Cos I won't