uniqs
PX Eliezer1
Premium Member
join:2013-03-10
Zubrowka USA

PX Eliezer1

Premium Member

Maybe a longshot but....

This summer we have had problems calling our summer house, which has a POTS line, using our Phone Power phone line from home. Calls would not go through or those on the other end could not hear us. It occurred mostly in the evening. During the day it seemed like the calls would go through fine.

Are the people at your summer home using cordless phones?

If so, is the location of the handset any different in the evening compared to the day?

For example, in the daytime picking up the call on a handset in the kitchen or den, near the base station for the cordless phone.

Whereas at night, picking up the call on a handset in the bedroom or on the patio, further away from the base station?
watmore
join:2007-07-27
La Pointe, WI

watmore

Hi PX Eliezer, First thank you for your thoughts about my issue and secondly, I apologize for not responding sooner.

Concerning my issue of my Phone Power phone located in the city being unable to connect to my POTS line at our rural vacation home:

I know it is not a cordless phone issue as we have both hardwired and cordless phones at the vacation house and only hardwired phones at home.

When placing an outgoing call using Phonepower and a hardwired phone, during the call it would often not even indicate the number called (our vacation POTS line) was ringing. Sometimes we heard a strange ringing sound. The call however, never went through. When we used our MagicJack at the same location to call our POTS line at our vacation home, the call went right through and we were able to connect. The same success at the same location using our Verizon cell phone.

So I really think it is a PhonePower issue.

Again thank you so much for responding and trying to help. I really appreciate it.