We did it. We heaved Steve. Yipee.
Premium Member
join:2009-06-17

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Re: CRTC wholesale mobile wireless services hearings on now

Question .....

If the CRTC has the powers of a Superior Court (as they claim),
why isn't all testimony before the Commission under OATH - as in you could go to jail for telling lies & half-truths Mirko/George/Ken/Guy/et. al.?

Just wonderin'.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

Because all that would come of their mouths is ###, since it would be in confidence.

creed3020
Premium Member
join:2006-04-26
Kitchener, ON

creed3020

Premium Member

LOL

The truth is ########.

What a sad world...
MaynardKrebs
Premium Member

1 edit

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Mike Kedar of Mobilexchange Ltd. is schooling the CRTC well.
Well done, sir.
MaynardKrebs

1 edit

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Menzies needs to understand that the mobile OPERATORS are doing nothing other than bolting together components invented/designed/built by others and installed according to the direction/suggestion of the manufacturers.

No "innovation' by the operator (incumbent) is necessary except finding ways to screw customers, or to benefit consumers (new entrants).
MrToady
join:2011-08-30
Medicine Hat, AB

MrToady

It is a MONOPOLY there is 3 PLAYERS and they all have the same price!!!

Quit smiling Menzies you know it's a MONOPOLY!!
MrToady

MrToady

hahahahahaha I'm not arguing with you...I'm telling you....this Mike Kedar is awesome!!
MaynardKrebs
Premium Member

1 edit

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Tucows is up now. »ting.com/
No sign of cattle in the room.

He's just a modest shoe seller. LOL
MrToady
join:2011-08-30
Medicine Hat, AB

MrToady

...that makes shoes in Canada but can't sell shoes in Canada...
MaynardKrebs
Premium Member

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

AT last - "structural separation" enters the conversation - on the CRTC record.

creed3020
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

creed3020 to MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

to MaynardKrebs
said by MaynardKrebs:

Mike Kedar of Mobilexchange Ltd. is schooling the CRTC well.
Well done, sir.

Hey definitely was bringing in the fight, I had to leave the stream so I want to hear the discussion with the commissioners because I'm sure it was good.
creed3020

creed3020 to MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

to MaynardKrebs
I would have to agree with Elliot Nuss that technical integration and pricing would be the two cruciables of a successful MNVO regulation. The incumbent and MNVO needs to work very well together (e.g. NOT LIKE Rogers and TekSavvy where everything is communicated over email, we all know what failures that introduces.), and the cost needs to in benefit of both parties (to generate profit for the incumbent and a valid business platform for the MNVO).

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

to MaynardKrebs
I'm many days behind, have to get the aircard working at work...

Menzies is something else it's almost like Mumblehurtz, but someone who is smarter. I have no idea how he got the gig, his Linkedin profile shows he ran the Calgary Herald, consulted and then worked for , what looks like a, Christian Think Tank.

NOWHERE does he have ANY telecommunications experience.
bklass
Premium Member
join:2012-02-06
Canada

bklass to creed3020

Premium Member

to creed3020
This is great, if possible I will get a Tshirt made with this on it and wear it to the hearing friday

creed3020
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

creed3020

Premium Member

Hey Ben, that would be awesome. It would become a conversation piece, that is for sure.

Menzies's question just struck me as so poignant that I thought I would whip something up to answer it. If the CRTC were so bold to actually hold some focus groups and poll the Canadian public what they think market share should me. The resulting pie charts would probably draw up some pretty wild examples, but to the point now, would show that what we Canadians believe should be occurring is definitely not working with market forces alone.
fmradio68
join:2013-07-05
Montreal, QC

fmradio68

I hope these hearing also include regular folks not just companies.

creed3020
Premium Member
Kitchener, ON

creed3020

Premium Member

Well the poster above me is Benjamin Klass who presented earlier this week. He is a regular dude, studying Telecom in Ottawa @ Carleton University. He was a party of one at the front of the room as compared to Robbers who needed two rows of tables to fit their party in...
MaynardKrebs
Premium Member

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Bell just raised the issue of 'expropriation', saying that nobody should have the 'right' to expropriate private assets.

Bzzt. Wrong answer. Expropriation is enshrined in law when done for the public good.
MaynardKrebs

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Every time Bell presents at the CRTC, a kitten dies..
MaynardKrebs

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Mirko is basically telling the CRTC that the only remedies they should consider are Bell's suggestions.
MaynardKrebs

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Bell basically said that it is fine for the incumbents to have different roaming agreements with multiple partners, yet we've seen exclusive roaming agreements forced on new entrants by the incumbents.
MaynardKrebs

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

OMG!!!
Oosterman: Caps are dangerous for Canada. Russia will invade!!!
MaynardKrebs

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Mirko: It's ok for Bell to roam on TBayTel in Thunder Bay suburbs/hinterland ...... [implied] but it's not ok for Wind to roam in Newmarket where they don't yet have towers.
MaynardKrebs

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Bell say their worst nightmares are:

Mandated MVNO
Mandated wholesale
Ex-ante price setting for tower sharing and a couple other things I missed.

Sound like that's what the CRTC should so.

We've all seen the endless hearing, decisions, R&V's, appeals, etc... because the CRTC works on an ex-post basis for the most part. Ex-ante offers clarity & more certainty, which obviates the need for Mirko and his ilk.
MaynardKrebs

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Blais busy splitting hairs when drastic action is required.
bklass
Premium Member
Canada

bklass to MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

to MaynardKrebs
Yeah no doubt but what about those big caps the British Royal Guards wear. Caps are the only thing keeping the Queen Safe ergo we need caps to save Canada.

QED
MaynardKrebs
Premium Member

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

CRTC counsel now demonstrating that Bell is a full MVNO in Saskatchewan. Bell offering mealy-mouthed rebuttal but Bell gets RAN access, therefore, defacto, Bell is a full MVNO in Saskatchewan.
fmradio68
join:2013-07-05
Montreal, QC

fmradio68 to creed3020

to creed3020
Thanks creed. I'm glad that I found this thread. The CRTC hearings have been mentioned on other threads on DSLreports but they don't have much traction. No on seems to care or want to talk about this.

As for Rogers having an army there.LOL!! I heard about that.

I have read some of the May and August Interventions By the Big 3 and Quebecor.

The Big 3 have interventions dozens and dozens of pages but they are always harping on the same thing.Repeating thing over and over again.I guess they want to make sure the CRTC hets their message. Quebecor on the other hand want fair rates and repeat over and over BUT.... Not too low because they don't want MVNOs in their backyard. And this they repeat over and over too.

The CCSA and CNOC,Orange and Lycamobile have very succicnt, well articulated and to the point Intervention. No repetition, No more than 10 pages long.

Just shows how the incumbents and regional incumbents are the same.
MaynardKrebs
Premium Member

MaynardKrebs

Premium Member

Will have to carefully re-listen to the whole of CRTC counsel's questions starting at about 5hr. 20min. into today's hearing.

I think I just heard Bell lie to the commission (about 5:30 time mark) about Ontario customers roaming vs. Bell customers in Saskatchewan.
bklass
Premium Member
Canada

bklass to fmradio68

Premium Member

to fmradio68
The CRTC lawyer (Alastair Stewart) seems pretty sharp.