spc
Search similar:

uniqs
sin360
join:2014-08-27
Jacksonville, NC

sin360

Bonded DSL and splitter wiring?

So after persisting centurylink that I was told about 8 years ago that bonded DSL is available. I finally found a tech that called the local office and told them that's it's available and to added to my account. They had to added seperatly because the system only allows them to setup 10megs only.

So my questions is since I installed a DSL splitter for my current service. Do I have to get another splitter for the other pair? How do I wire it up for the second pair. I currently have a cat 3 homerun running to a Jack for DSL only. I'm about to change to cat 5 before Thursday which is the day they are coming.

Thanks
brad152
join:2006-07-27
Chicago, IL

brad152

the 2nd pair should only have DSL service on it, so you will not need a "splitter", just a cat-5 cable coming in from your NID having the currently split pair on one line (usually blue/white) and the new pair (usually orange/white) connected directly to the 2nd DSL line coming in.

That's how my line is currently set up for my 40/5 bonded-DSL service.
xthepeoplesx
join:2013-10-21

xthepeoplesx to sin360

to sin360
How did you get them to do that? They supposedly upgraded my box fed with fiber and to VDSL but they say that my max speed available is what I have. I informed them of the upgrades but say they cant do anything about it because their system doesnt have the information. How do I get around this??? Any help would be great sin360!
sin360
join:2014-08-27
Jacksonville, NC

sin360

Are you in Jacksonville, NC? If you are I have a number for you. If not every time you see a centurylink tech truck go talk to the tech and ask until you find one that's willing to cooperate with you. The regular customer rep doesn't know anything. He gave me his card with a referral number. Told me to call the local office then she checked with him on what was available. Then she added to the system for me.

billaustin
they call me Mr. Bill
MVM
join:2001-10-13
North Las Vegas, NV

billaustin to xthepeoplesx

MVM

to xthepeoplesx
Sometimes you have to be patient. My DSLAM was upgraded to VDSL. It was over four months from install until the new speeds could be ordered. Even then, VDSL speeds were only offered if they were bundled with with Voice or Prism TV.
xthepeoplesx
join:2013-10-21

xthepeoplesx to sin360

to sin360
sin360, Unfortunately no hah. I am in columbus, oh (technically Galena).

billaustin, yea thats all I can do right now until I can find a competitor willing to come in, give some land for a wisp maybe?, talk with the local gov, talk to a coop and let us run our own wisp... That stuff... It is good to hear that it takes awhile because maybe thats what they are doing here? The local tech said it was usually as soon as possible that they start offering it, so we will see. Afterall it is CL so I dont have the most hope here...