spc
Search similar:

uniqs

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo

iOS Health app

Does anyone know if the app will eventually have a web based version?
Seems silly to spend (waste) time building in data if it's only viewable on a iPhone
Thanks!

SuperNet
Go Ninja,Go Ninja Go..
Premium Member
join:2002-10-08
Hoffman Estates, IL

SuperNet

Premium Member

I don't think soo.. Maybe one day hopefully on icloud.com

haroldo
USA

haroldo

What will Health, ultimately, be?
Will it dovetail with other databases, for example, if my Walgreen's app has all my immunizations, and my United Health Care app has my medical history, etc. will all of this get co-mingled so there will be one app that has everything?

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
join:2001-01-02
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious

Premium Member

That's the idea but it will rely on Walgreen (for example) sharing its data via HealthKit.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

Nezmo to haroldo

MVM

to haroldo
I manually put a few items of data in the app then 8.0.2 wiped them out.

haroldo
USA

haroldo

said by Nezmo:

I manually put a few items of data in the app ...

Did you notice that it asks your biological sex. I know I'm going to get bashed for this, but "geez!"
I guess they should also ask for your current birth date (for those who have been reincarnated)

To all I've offended...I offer my apologies in advance.

Nezmo
The name's Bond. James Bond.
MVM
join:2004-11-10
Coppell, TX

1 recommendation

Nezmo

MVM

said by haroldo:

said by Nezmo:

I manually put a few items of data in the app ...

Did you notice that it asks your biological sex. I know I'm going to get bashed for this, but "geez!"
I guess they should also ask for your current birth date (for those who have been reincarnated)

To all I've offended...I offer my apologies in advance.

I didn't pay much attention.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR

darcilicious to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
Why would you post something that you know you're going to have apologize for in advance??

SoonerAl
MVM
join:2002-07-23
Norman, OK

SoonerAl to haroldo

MVM

to haroldo
FWIW I think this current Health app s***s big time. It works for awhile then the Dashboard is empty. It works for awhile then it does not. I have my iPhone 5s configured so the MyFitness Pal and Endomondo apps supposedly sync with it. Sometimes they do, most often they do not. This seems as bad as the maps debacle awhile back.

Just to be clear the iPhone has the latest app updates, running iOS 8.0.2 and I have actually reset (hold power and home button till the Apple logo appears) numerous times.

haroldo
USA

haroldo

I noticed some apps are now dovetailing with Health. I have the Health Mate app from Withings and it syncs nicely.
I just read »www.iclarified.com/44233 ··· -support that WebMD syncs, but I can't figure out how or where to set it up. However, mobile WebMD doesn't have a lot of the "trackers" (nutrition, exercise, etc.), that web based Web MD has, so not sure how useful this will be. Anyone ideas on how to sync?
Has anyone noticed if any other (worthwhile) apps sync?
Thanks!

michieru
Premium Member
join:2009-07-25
Denver, CO

michieru to SoonerAl

Premium Member

to SoonerAl
I found that most apps have not yet included sync with Health app or extract content from it like Lose it!. However the other problem is that some of these apps also offer a premium service which they already have been profiting from. They have no incentive to have you use the app Health so instead they extract data from it so you can use their app and premium features.

So unless you already have an inaccurate device such as a fitbit or jawbone which include syncing of data. I don't see Health app taking off unless your healthcare provider provides you with some deep discount if you give them all your information. Kind of like Progressives OBDI reporting tool.

haroldo
USA

haroldo

It's pretty funny, the Withings Health Mate app (companion to the, phenomenal, Smart Body Analyzer scale...»store.apple.com/us/produ ··· 902b030e ) measures your weight to the tenth of a pound.
When the data gets ported to iOS Health, the weight is displayed to the ten thousandth of a pound. I'm sure there are some that want this level of precision, but I think the air in your lungs weighs that much, so by merely breathing you can gain and lose weight as per iOS Health. »www.instructables.com/an ··· r-weigh/

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious to michieru

Premium Member

to michieru
said by michieru:

I found that most apps have not yet included sync with Health app or extract content from it like Lose it!

I'm hopeful though -- currently, the widget info from Lose It! shows up on the notification center...

gjrhine
join:2001-12-12
Pawleys Island, SC

gjrhine to haroldo

to haroldo
This app will become very useful when the Apple Watch is released. The watch will monitor your health data and pass it to the app for analysis and more.

pcdebb
birdbrain
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Brandon, FL
ARRIS DG1670

pcdebb to haroldo

Premium Member

to haroldo
The app still needs work. I have my UP24 syncing with it. my sleep data doesnt sync right since there was a recent update to the UP app. I have another app called mySugr that syncs just fine. There aren't too many apps that work with it yet, but as gjrhine said, it will be better when the watch comes out.

michieru
Premium Member
join:2009-07-25
Denver, CO

michieru to darcilicious

Premium Member

to darcilicious
They just updated the app yesterday to write into Health your stats. So I take back what I said.

darcilicious
Cyber Librarian
Premium Member
Forest Grove, OR
·Ziply Fiber

darcilicious

Premium Member

said by michieru:

They just updated the app yesterday to write into Health your stats. So I take back what I said.

I saw that Woo hoo!