Premium Member
join:2007-03-09
Franklin Square, NY

matcarl to mikeluscher159

Premium Member

to mikeluscher159

Re: [Guide] IMG 1.9.7

said by mikeluscher159:

Ohh. My bad. I thought we were talking about missing icons, the fact that there's a listing for it in the guide is the fix. I see.
.....Is 503 new? I don't remember it, especially in HD.

We got it sometime last week.
robertf390
join:2011-04-16
Nesconset, NY

robertf390 to matcarl

to matcarl
reply to robertf390
Robert, they fixed it earlier than they said. The guide data is finally there for channel 3 & 503. Thanks for your help.

Hey Mat - thanks - it was your suggestion to have both of us post in the direct forum that got this done. Once they realized it wasn't a one-off issue just affecting me, they attacked it pretty quickly. I had 5 calls from them yesterday. The last guy thanked me at least 3 times saying the way the system is inter-connected, its these little nit picky things that cause "grey hairs and hundreds of man-hours to fix if not addressed quickly" as they potentially cause bigger issues down the road.

Again, glad to see they do pay attention to us once they realize the issue is real.

charliewatts
join:2013-04-10

charliewatts to nascar

to nascar
VHO5 Issues ....

As I posted in the ME TV thread, there is a link problem, with both channel 3 and 19 linking to 503. 503 has no logo. Channel 19 is a different ME affiliate, with no HD channel.

Channel 10 WLNY has no logo.

Channel 495 GET TV which had the wrong logo since the guide update, now has no logo.

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint

Maybe, you should report these in the direct forum?

MassRelay
@98.117.185.x

MassRelay

Anon

VHO15, Buffalo. The only funky thing I'm seeing so far is the channel MeTV 505 has the NBC logo.

charliewatts

charliewatts to bluepoint

to bluepoint
said by bluepoint:

I'm not familiar with that. Can you supply a link please?
crgauth
join:2004-05-18
Glen Burnie, MD

crgauth

If you go to the main page of this forum, you will see a list of tabs up top. Verizon direct is one of them.
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to charliewatts

to charliewatts
said by charliewatts:

VHO5 Issues ....

Channel 495 GET TV which had the wrong logo since the guide update, now has no logo.

I'm still on the old IMG (1.9.5) and I don't have a logo for 495 Get TV either. So that's not a 1.9.7 issue.
jimboe
join:2000-08-14
New York

jimboe to nascar

to nascar
"How to make a product worse."

They degraded search:

Now, searching with "cell phone" setting requires user to navigate around the on-screen numeric keypad and THEN press OK to select the letter, eg, for 'S', navigate using arrow keys to "7", then "OK" four times. (as opposed to simply hitting "7" on the remote four times)

The results list: Now when you search for "Star Trek" for example, you must actually enter into each result to see the listings/times for that show, whereas before, you could VERY SIMPLY navigate up and down the list, and as you pass each listing, a further result list would display in the next column on the right, rather instantly.

Very irritating when you want to get an idea of which of the results will air soon (today, tomorrow, etc) as now you have a significant pause to enter each of the results' OWN info screen.

SUCKS.

Bharp13
@98.115.25.x

Bharp13 to ansky

Anon

to ansky
VH08 is still at 1.9.5

Does anyone know when the update will be pushed out to us?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

said by Bharp13 :

VH08 is still at 1.9.5

Does anyone know when the update will be pushed out to us?

Word is next Wednesday (11/5)

bluepoint
join:2001-03-24

bluepoint to charliewatts

to charliewatts
said by charliewatts:

said by bluepoint:

I'm not familiar with that. Can you supply a link please?

Here you go.
»Verizon Direct
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere to charliewatts

to charliewatts
said by charliewatts:

I thought I knew this, but maybe not. How do I stop the widget popup from coming up on CNN, CNBC and all the MusicChoce channels. Thanks.

I asked this question in the direct forum a couple months ago. The answer came back as "you can't." What bugs me is that I can get rid of this popup by hitting exit but it keeps coming back every few minutes. May I suggest that others report this to Verizon. Maybe if enough people do Verizon will take steps to remove it. Disabling pop-ups didn't seem to do the trick.
sbernstein5
join:2005-01-18
10024-5650

sbernstein5

said by billhere:

said by charliewatts:

I thought I knew this, but maybe not. How do I stop the widget popup from coming up on CNN, CNBC and all the MusicChoce channels. Thanks.

I asked this question in the direct forum a couple months ago. The answer came back as "you can't." What bugs me is that I can get rid of this popup by hitting exit but it keeps coming back every few minutes. May I suggest that others report this to Verizon. Maybe if enough people do Verizon will take steps to remove it. Disabling pop-ups didn't seem to do the trick.

This is NOT true -- there is a menu setting that allows you to turn off interactive widgets. I have turned it off and haven't seen one since.
mikeluscher159
join:2011-09-04

mikeluscher159 to PJL

to PJL
I have Extreme, and just now noticed that it Auto HD'd to it, good on Verizon for including something that should be. Now I gotta check which package they have.

just lou
join:2008-05-16
Staten Island, NY
Arcadyan FiOS-G3100

just lou to sbernstein5

to sbernstein5
said by sbernstein5:

This is NOT true -- there is a menu setting that allows you to turn off interactive widgets. I have turned it off and haven't seen one since.

Correct. You can definitely disable it. It's been a long time since I did it, but I think the setting is called "Interactive TV" that needs to be disabled.

charliewatts

charliewatts to nascar

to nascar
I never knew 'interactive' needed to be disabled. I was having the same issue, where I disabled pop-ups, but they would still appear on those channels. Interactive will be disabled as soon as I get home!
Wag
join:2009-05-05
united state

Wag to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Will VHO6 get the update on 11/5 as well?

SeattleMatt
Streaming Tech Director
Premium Member
join:2001-12-28
Seattle, WA

SeattleMatt

Premium Member

Wag-
Someone posted the "unofficial" schedule on Page 13 of this thread.

VHO6 is set for the following week, 11/12

All of the Motorola rollout dates have held so far.

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely

Premium Member

said by SeattleMatt:

Someone posted the "unofficial" schedule on Page 13 of this thread.

Here you go...
Wag
join:2009-05-05
united state

Wag to SeattleMatt

to SeattleMatt
Oh well, I guess I won't have the update for a while since I have a Cisco box.

Noah
@96.228.225.x

Noah to MassRelay

Anon

to MassRelay
Actually MeTV is owned with (or at least associated with) NBC. In some places it's a subchannel (i.e. »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WGBA-TV) if you use a DTV converter box.
dfwguy
join:2013-10-24

dfwguy

MeTV has no association whatsoever with NBC.

miataman
I've attained a PHD in DVR.
Premium Member
join:2010-10-27
Chelmsford, MA

miataman to Noah

Premium Member

to Noah
Subchannels can be either relational, or contractual.
Gerryex
join:2006-05-19
Land O Lakes, FL

Gerryex to nascar

to nascar

Possible bug!

Hi ALL,

I had a funny thing happen this morning which may be a one time anomaly or a possible bug in the new IMG. I have only a single 7232.

Turned it on this morning and it was recording a show normally. Went to the Recorded Shows and confirmed that it was recording the correct show. Then I went to browse some HD channels to find something to stop at while making breakfast. Almost immediately as I changed channels the channel banner at the bottom stopped showing up. The channels did change but no banner. Hitting Info brought the banner up but just changing channels did not.

So I thought something got messed up with the settings so I went to Menu and got a pop-up that said the Menu was not available at this time and try again later. So I guessed there was something being downloaded and ate breakfast watching something live. Every so often I would try the Menu but still couldn't get to it. Also trying to get to the DVR menu produced nothing.

This went on for a full half hour and still the same thing. I tried shutting it off and back on but no change. I was just about to call Vz when I unplugged the AC to reboot and when it came back everything was back to normal. This is the first thing like this I've seen reported on the new IMG.

Anyone else seen anything like this?

Gerry
ansky
join:2009-05-18
West Orange, NJ

ansky to Noah

to Noah

Re: [Guide] IMG 1.9.7

said by Noah :

Actually MeTV is owned with (or at least associated with) NBC. In some places it's a subchannel (i.e. »en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WGBA-TV) if you use a DTV converter box.

Me TV is owned by Weigel Broadcasting. It has no affiliation with NBC.
billhere
join:2011-10-21
Santa Monica, CA

billhere to sbernstein5

to sbernstein5
Thanks for that information. I found the spot to turn off interactive TV and I am no longher bothered by the CNN popup. I don't understand why the Verizon tech could not tell me how to do this a few months ago.
sbernstein5
join:2005-01-18
10024-5650

sbernstein5

said by billhere:

Thanks for that information. I found the spot to turn off interactive TV and I am no longher bothered by the CNN popup. I don't understand why the Verizon tech could not tell me how to do this a few months ago.

Glad to be of service. Just goes to show -- ask here first. Verizon techs don't seem to know much

Steely
I rise when the sun goes down
Premium Member
join:2000-10-15
Princeton Junction, NJ

Steely to SeattleMatt

Premium Member

to SeattleMatt
said by SeattleMatt:

Word is next Wednesday (11/5)

Nothing in my STB message inbox and no related email. I thought we were to receive advance notification of some kind about a week prior.
bsangs
join:2002-08-21
Montclair, NJ

bsangs to sbernstein5

to sbernstein5
said by sbernstein5:

said by billhere:

Glad to be of service. Just goes to show -- ask here first. Verizon techs don't seem to know much

That's an unfair generalization. I've dealt with several FiOS techs that have been very knowledgeable and helpful.