uniqs

aight
join:2001-12-18
Lafox, IL

aight

Doug-goneit: The final days of Hot Doug146;s

»depauliaonline.com/focus ··· t-dougs/

»www.hotdougs.com/

Last Day of Service = Friday, October 3.
Permanent Vacation begins Saturday, October 4.

VegasMan
Living the Vegas life.
Premium Member
join:2002-11-17
Las Vegas, NV

VegasMan

Premium Member

I'll take Gene and Jude's.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

1 recommendation

Warzau to aight

Premium Member

to aight
Ill take anyplace that has Vienna.

jsinaiko
Premium Member
join:2001-04-25
Chicago, IL

1 recommendation

jsinaiko to aight

Premium Member

to aight
Never went, never wanted to go. Fat Johnny's on Western or one of those joints on 35th west of the ballpark for me!

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5 to aight

Premium Member

to aight
Ate there many years ago. It's good but I'm not waiting in line for 5,10 or 12 hours for a hotdog or sausage. I don't care if it's panda sausage.

Warzau
Premium Member
join:2000-10-26
Naperville, IL

Warzau

Premium Member

LOL Panda sausage!

snipper_cr
Premium Member
join:2002-01-22
Wheaton, IL

snipper_cr to aight

Premium Member

to aight
I moved into the city just a few weeks before they closed and never got to go there. Was it a place that just got overly hyped? Why did they close if when I drove past it a few times it had lines out the door and around the block?

Jon5
Premium Member
join:2001-01-20
Lisle, IL

Jon5

Premium Member

said by snipper_cr:

I moved into the city just a few weeks before they closed and never got to go there. Was it a place that just got overly hyped? Why did they close if when I drove past it a few times it had lines out the door and around the block?

Yeah maybe over hyped a little. Their thing was all the different kinds of sausages they served. It changed all the time but you could get stuff like Venison, Alligator, Elk, bear etc.

They closed because the owner had been doing it for like 20-30 years. He just had enough and wanted to move on to something else or retire. I think he said he was going to take a year off and decide what he was going to do from there.

insomniac
Oh Yeah
Premium Member
join:2002-09-22
Naperville, IL

insomniac

Premium Member

He'd been open 13 years. Just decided he wanted to do something else.

I went there many times since roughly 2005... over the years, I had rattlesnake, alligator, kangaroo, venison, and foie gras, just to name a few. Oh, and the duck fat fries.

My final time there was the second-to-last day, October 2. I parked my folding chair in line at 7:40am and was finally served around 2:40pm. Totally worth it for one last time.