spc
Search similar:

uniqs
warza8
join:2010-03-08
North York, ON

warza8

Bandwidth throttling?

Noticed that Teksavvy start throttling all file sharing domains lately. I talk about rapidgator/netload/uploaded. It's that your policy? Is this the beginning of network prioritazition that TSI say the fight for? Net neutrality? Something you don't care?

As for example: all my downloads always start with 700kb or more and after few min 40kb or less bandwidth it's shaped. If paused and started again the same issue. So I keep start and pause every few min and then I'm ok.. but that's not the way the internet it's supposed to work. That's the way you make it work.

I don't trust you anymore TSI. Just a demagogic attitude.
Don't came with 'B*hell it's shaping and we are the angels of ISP's' we all know that's a lie.

XxAjithxX
join:2014-03-12
Scarborough, ON

XxAjithxX

All of the file hosts you've mentioned require you to purchase their premium account to obtain maximum speed.

I've seen and experienced what you've described. I too used to use such sites a few years back

It is not Teksavvy shaping traffic, instead its the file host throttling you down to "basic" speed.
warza8
North York, ON

warza8

I have premium don't worry.
So.. It's my TSI ISP who do the shaping.

ShawnS
Business Solutions Agent
Premium Member
join:2012-11-22
Chatham, ON

ShawnS to warza8

Premium Member

to warza8
Hello warza8,

Thank you for your post.

We do not throttle our service. It is not a practice we believe in. I suggest troubleshooting slow speeds to see if anything else may be causing the issue. Please post in the »/fo ··· avdirect Forum and we can assist you from there.

Regards,
Shawn S.

digiwth
join:2012-09-21

digiwth to warza8

to warza8
I like how you automatically jump to blaming TSI, and not the shady file sharing sites hosted halfway across the world.
warza8
North York, ON

warza8

I don't care what you care about. I jump to blame my ISP for their service and see where the problem is.
Shady files haring hosted halfway across the world? What do you know? Do you know something about network in general? Do you really believe they have just a server in their basement? Hmm.. that's funny how people view something they don't understand. Or you are the type of guy who plug the cable and expect nothing but his email from his 'aunty Peg' and browse for kitty pictures? Halfway across the world? So what? It's not internet an open space. I can do a peer with my neighbour and that will go for 100Mb for sure ... so that's why I pay an ISP to provide me Internet services not local services.

As for the problem? We can talk about how TSI is not shaping anything for ages, but that will be just words.
warza8

warza8 to ShawnS

to ShawnS
I have just another 2 weeks with TSI. So I can live with that.
I don't believe in 'Bogeyman' either, but that don't make any difference.
lowping
join:2013-08-04

1 edit

lowping to warza8

to warza8
said by warza8:

I don't care what you care about. I jump to blame my ISP for their service and see where the problem is.
Shady files haring hosted halfway across the world? What do you know? Do you know something about network in general? Do you really believe they have just a server in their basement? Hmm.. that's funny how people view something they don't understand. Or you are the type of guy who plug the cable and expect nothing but his email from his 'aunty Peg' and browse for kitty pictures? Halfway across the world? So what? It's not internet an open space. I can do a peer with my neighbour and that will go for 100Mb for sure ... so that's why I pay an ISP to provide me Internet services not local services.

As for the problem? We can talk about how TSI is not shaping anything for ages, but that will be just words.

That's a cool story bro. Blame TSI, has no evidence. Network troubleshooting 101.

digiwth

digiwth to warza8

to warza8
The sites you linked are hosted in Russia, Germany, and the Netherlands respectively, to avoid legal complications for what they're primarily used for.

XxAjithxX
join:2014-03-12
Scarborough, ON

XxAjithxX to warza8

to warza8
said by warza8:

I have premium don't worry.
So.. It's my TSI ISP who do the shaping.

In that case, there could be number of reasons (peering & etc) that could have caused the slower speeds you were experiencing.
Have you contacted Teksavvy Support about this matter? What was their given explanation?

Personally, I have never experienced any type of traffic shaping on RCable by Teksavvy (been a customer for about 2 years now) - and that's coming from a guy who's a heavy P2P user

I also noticed that you've recently switched from TSI to Start; is there a reason you've made this post? You're clearly not trying to get help.
warza8
North York, ON

warza8 to digiwth

to digiwth
Host vs Akamai/. That's the question. And that's your answer. You really understand the hosting concept. You are almost a pro.
warza8

warza8 to XxAjithxX

to XxAjithxX
I need something and I'm still a TSI customer. Oh.. and I pay for it. Probably better just let it go.

As for switched to Start .. hmm are you stalking me?
warza8

warza8

Consider this post closed.
Good luck to everyone in their personal quest.
lowping
join:2013-08-04

lowping

this guy on crack ?

digiwth

digiwth to warza8

to warza8
As an example: uploaded a 100mb dummy file to Rapidgator, downloaded it again, download origin was pr37.rapidgator.net (91.197.44.102), coming from the nice desert island of Cyprus.

Where does Akamai fall in to this?
dallas1
join:2014-04-16
Oshawa

dallas1 to warza8

to warza8
I have start get full speed
System

to warza8

Anon

to warza8
This topic has been closed. Reason: run its course