All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
jrlepage
join:2013-06-22

jrlepage

Digital Simulcast in Dothan, AL

Hello, I posted here about a year ago about two issues with WOW (formerly Knology) in Dothan, AL:

1) Lack of digital simulcast. Since the DVR offered here (non-Ultra TV) is awful, I use TiVo with a CableCARD. However, since WOW in Dothan doesn't do digital simulcast of all its analog stations, and since the HD lineup in Dothan is pitiful compared to WOW's lineup anywhere else (although we pay the same price), we have to keep one old-style TiVo for recording analog stations with no digital counterpart (Comedy Central, History Channel, AMC, to name a few).

Last year WOW Dan replied that digital simulcast was in the works for all former Knology areas. Is this still the case? I have to say - if I didn't live in apartments that had an exclusivity arrangement with WOW, I would jump ship in a heartbeat.

2) No Ultra TV. Again, a year ago Dan said testing was underway for cities like Dothan. Any progress on that front? It's incredibly frustrating to be paying the same prices we were paying in Knoxville, TN for AT&T U-Verse for a completely inferior product.

Thanks and sorry for calling you out Dan - it just seems like you are the only one with any answers on WOW's behalf.

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

1 edit

Just_Dan

Premium Member

said by jrlepage:

Last year WOW Dan replied that digital simulcast was in the works for all former Knology areas. Is this still the case? I have to say - if I didn't live in apartments that had an exclusivity arrangement with WOW, I would jump ship in a heartbeat.

This project is underway, but it can't be rolled out everywhere at the same time. It takes time and planning in each market to get this done. So far the following markets have been completed. A date has not yet been set for Dothan unfortunately.

Completed Digital Conversions -

Columbus, Ga
Auburn, AL
West Point, GA / Valley, AL
Huntsville, AL
Montgomery, AL
Pinellas, FL
Augusta, GA
Charleston, SC
Panama City, FL

edit - added more markets that are completed I wasn't aware of.