Proud American and Infidel since 1968.
Premium Member
join:2000-09-20
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive to Carpie

Premium Member

to Carpie

Re: [WoD] Prep work

Level 86 on my rogue. So close but it's just painful to do.

f0rtys3ven
join:2011-09-01
Lansing, MI

f0rtys3ven

Hear that!

I can't imagine doing it on a DPS. Grinding 5 mans was the only thing that I could get myself to do.

I hear pet battles are a pretty nice way to lvl quick.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5 to DarkLogix

to DarkLogix
I'm still working on my hunter to 90 before the 13th November. She's 75 so it's doable, I'm just bored of the same questing zones (she'll be my 10th 90)

vic
@66.165.177.x

vic

Anon

said by Cat5:

I'm just bored of the same questing zones (she'll be my 10th 90)

I know the feeling. My last couple of toons I decked out in Pandaria twink items (the ilvl 409 stuff and BOA stuff you find) and am leveling them exclusively through BG's and/or pet battles. I do a random 5 man once in a while for the quests, but other than that no PVE.

Cat5

Cat5

said by Cat5:

I'm still working on my hunter to 90 before the 13th November. She's 75 so it's doable, I'm just bored of the same questing zones (she'll be my 10th 90)

Hit it hard this weekend, she's now 85, 38% towards 86.

Seriously annoyed with Cata still. Dungeons are a total write off, long queues for a group which is pretty much guaranteed to fall apart. This means questing is the best way to level, but the questing is almost totally linear so on the 10th toon it becomes old, fast. The underwater zone sucks anyway, so Mount Hyjal, Deppholm, Uldum, Twilight Highlands is the order, always. To top off this bore-fest, Twilight Highlands on the Horde features a crappy fly to and fro, from various points in Org to Azahara. After this you have to wait 6 mins for a Zeppelin whilst NPC's talk, no really. If you don't then miss the Zeppelin due to AFKing then you get to sit on the Zeppelin for another 7-8 minutes where you get to have zero influence on anything at all. Very annoying.

vic
@66.165.177.x

vic

Anon

said by Cat5:

questing is the best way to level, but the questing is almost totally linear so on the 10th toon it becomes old, fast.

Yeah, that was the worst part of Cata by far. Phasing is cool when done right, but that whole expansion was just going from one phase to another to another. It really killed what WoW was about for me. I hated flying over entire zones and having not one living creature or node quest or anything just because I hadn't yet done the quest chain to open it up. For me one of the best things about WoW is that you can go off and do things in places you have no business being in. If I die because I take my level 20 toon into a level 40 area, that is my problem. Funny story:

When my oldest kids was about 6, he started playing a little bit (just running around exploring really). I would walk away and let him run around and help him when he went someplace he shouldn't be. So one day I hear him saying "I am the king of the penguin people" when I look, he had taken his level 10ish gnome rogue to Borean Tundra via the ships in Stormwind and had somehow managed to swim out to one of the icebergs with the level 1 penguins on it, and he declared himself their king! Stuff like that would have been impossible in Cata.

seaquake
MVM
join:2001-03-23
Millersville, MD

seaquake to DarkLogix

MVM

to DarkLogix
I've been selling some stuff off but I still have a ton of mats. The AH is pretty much flooded and demand isn't there but for a few things. The good thing is that when the expac launches, I still have the mats to make some yellow and orange level 600 items to get a jump on the next profession. It may only be five or ten points toward 700 (?) but every bit helps.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

Yeah, those of us trying to get the Thundering Serpent Hatchling had issues trying to get the 270 - 300 gold required for the purchase. I joined a guild with the required achievement, the problem was it was a new server. So, without doing a character transfer there are limited items you can send across realm that you can auction or sell. The Darkmoon pets I had didn't sell, even though I low balled the pricing. I didn't have luck with low level ore or skins either. I ended up making a DK to quest with and get the gold.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to qualitybobby

Premium Member

to qualitybobby
said by qualitybobby:

they are adding a 2nd tab to void storage

Why does this still exist?

Cat5

Cat5

said by Snuffbox:

said by qualitybobby:

they are adding a 2nd tab to void storage

Why does this still exist?

Cos transmog gear takes up a lot of space.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy to DarkLogix

MVM

to DarkLogix
I'm about to the point I'm just going to vendor it all and not worry about it. I'll save a little bit of the current stuff to level when the expansion drops, but not much more. With 24 toons and two guild banks I have way too much trash and it just needs to go.

Snuffbox
nice irl
Premium Member
join:2011-04-15
Milwaukee, WI

Snuffbox to Cat5

Premium Member

to Cat5
said by Cat5:

Cos transmog gear takes up a lot of space.

So naturally, increase void storage, instead of bank space?

Void storage is a pain in the ass to use.
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury

+1 it's a pain in the ass, and extremely expensive.

Cat5

Cat5

said by clawfury:

+1 it's a pain in the ass, and extremely expensive.

You do know you can transmog from the void storage don't you? Literally the transmog guy will let you use any item you own including bags, banks and void storage. So you only need to deposit the item once.

It's far from being a pain as it's a simple drag and drop interface with a confirmation screen to save wasting your gold on the deposit cost. It's also not that expensive if you only use it for things you never want to withdraw again. For transmog it is ideal.

Harddrive
Premium Member
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive

Premium Member

cat666, I've never used void storage. But with regards to transmog, how do you use an item in void storage? I thought you needed the item in your bags at the transmog guy.
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury to Cat5

to Cat5
UGH. I didn't know you could transmog directly out of it. I could have sworn it never showed up for me. I'm going to move a ton of stuff over there :P

Adalicia
Om Nom Nom
join:2009-10-13
Lincoln, NE

1 recommendation

Adalicia to Harddrive

to Harddrive
said by Harddrive:

I thought you needed the item in your bags at the transmog guy.

They changed that. If it is in your Void Storage you can transmog into it at the Transmog dude.

Cat5

1 recommendation

Cat5 to Harddrive

to Harddrive
said by Harddrive:

cat666, I've never used void storage. But with regards to transmog, how do you use an item in void storage? I thought you needed the item in your bags at the transmog guy.

It brings up a character pane. Each item slot has an arrow you can click on which shows you all valid items you own for that slot. Mix and match to your hearts content, then you confirm and pay all at once.

They took the "in your bags" clause out a few patches ago.

Harddrive
Premium Member
Fort Worth, TX

Harddrive to DarkLogix

Premium Member

to DarkLogix
Thanks for the info folks. Guess I can put all my Dragonstalker gear in void storage now.