spc
Search similar:

uniqs
JTS33
join:2003-05-03
USA

JTS33

Obi200 + CallCentric...optimal config?

For CallCentric + Obi200, what combination of X_ProxyServerRedundancy, X_SecondaryRegistration, and X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix do you enable?

I've also tried CallCentric with and without Outbound Proxy set to callcentric.com, and it seems to work fine either way. In the past, I thought it was always better to not use Outbound Proxy when possible, as it would then establish a direct audio connection?

I have the other 3 settings (ProxyServer, RegistrarServer, UserAgentDomain) set to callcentric.com.

Sometimes I get where there's silence on the line when I answer...other times there's a delay before audio becomes active, but most of the time it works just fine.

If anyone happened to let Obitalk portal configure their Obi200/202 for CallCentric, can you post how Obi provisioned it? I hear it's different than the settings for the Obi100/110.

WillRegSoon
@74.89.66.x

WillRegSoon

Anon

said by JTS33:

If anyone happened to let Obitalk portal configure their Obi200/202 for CallCentric, can you post how Obi provisioned it? I hear it's different than the settings for the Obi100/110.

Do you think it might less secure letting Obihai do the configuring vs. doing it yourself?
I've found it challenging doing it myself with the 110 but am hesitant to let Obitalk do it.
At a standstill right now
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

1 edit

Mango to JTS33

Premium Member

to JTS33
Check your router for a SIP ALG setting. Enable if it's disabled and vice-versa. See if that changes the symptoms.

If that doesn't help, or the setting doesn't exist, navigate to your OBi's configuration, and look for Service Providers >> ITSP Profile X >> RTP. Note LocalPortMin and LocalPortMax. Use your router to forward this UDP port range to your OBi. Does that solve the problem?

m.
JTS33
USA

JTS33 to WillRegSoon

to WillRegSoon
said by WillRegSoon :

said by JTS33:

Do you think it might less secure letting Obihai do the configuring vs. doing it yourself?
I've found it challenging doing it myself with the 110 but am hesitant to let Obitalk do it.
At a standstill right now

I would usually just let Obitalk portal configure it, but the new GV authentication breaks VMWI so I configured it manually on my new Obi200. Main issue is you get different instructions on what to set depending on what you're looking at, so I'm not really sure what is optimal. But if someone has an Obi200/202 configured for CallCentric by the Obitalk portal setup wizard, then they can post what's different from default and you can just replicate it.

I set registration period to 3600 seconds, but it appears Callcentric starts off at 60s and increments an additional second each registration until it gets to 120s. And Obi renews when the registration is half over. So there seems no point in enabling the Keep-Alive function when re-registration occurs every minute.

graysonf
MVM
join:1999-07-16
Fort Lauderdale, FL

graysonf

MVM

VMWI is broken for GV if you allow the firmware to be updated and configure GV via the new authentication method.

VMWI still works for me with CC, even with the updated the firmware.
Prof_Tech
join:2007-06-30
Quincy, IL

Prof_Tech to JTS33

to JTS33
I have a 200 running build 4420 Ok. At one time I seemed to see some issues with redundancy on the 110 that seemed to be causing unexplained crashes. Turning off redundancy appeared to correct the problem. Everything I've found seems to indicate that you don't need redundancy as long as X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix is checked and the ITSP supports it. Someone can correct me if I'm incorrect. I have only "ProxyServer" and "UserAgentDomain" filled in with "callcentric.com". According to the Obi docs all of the other various "Proxy" fields use the original "ProxyServer" value if they are blank. As far as Redundancy and secondary registration they are un-checked [default] right now. Supposedly the DnsSrvAutoPrefix setting takes care of any needed switchover.
JTS33
USA

JTS33

said by Prof_Tech:

I have a 200 running build 4420 Ok. At one time I seemed to see some issues with redundancy on the 110 that seemed to be causing unexplained crashes. Turning off redundancy appeared to correct the problem. Everything I've found seems to indicate that you don't need redundancy as long as X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix is checked and the ITSP supports it. Someone can correct me if I'm incorrect. I have only "ProxyServer" and "UserAgentDomain" filled in with "callcentric.com". According to the Obi docs all of the other various "Proxy" fields use the original "ProxyServer" value if they are blank. As far as Redundancy and secondary registration they are un-checked [default] right now. Supposedly the DnsSrvAutoPrefix setting takes care of any needed switchover.

I also recall reading of issues with DnsSrv and Callcentric on the 100/110 causing spontaneous reboots, but it didn't seem to affect the 200.

As far as filling in all of the various "proxy" fields with the original "ProxyServer", is that only if you're using DnsSrv? Otherwise, it'd be forcing you to use Outbound Proxy, which as far as I know, usually isn't desirable compared to a direct RTP connection.

Still have to read up on what the benefit of DnsSrv is...
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

For anyone who's curious about DNS on OBi ATAs, here's a thread about it: »OBi110 tests of DNS settings

tl;dr: In my tests, X_ProxyServerRedundancy enabled / X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix disabled made the device perform properly with all types of DNS records used by this forum's service providers. I have been using this configuration since the summer and have not observed any crashing behaviour.

JTS33, DNS SRV records allow for load balancing, fail over, and weighting. If possible they should be used as they will improve reliability.

m.
JTS33
USA

JTS33

Interesting DNS settings tests, thanks!

Is X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix required to be enabled to work properly with Callcentric DNS SRV? On CallCentric's Obi setup pages (like this one: »www.callcentric.com/supp ··· i/obi202), they only recommend enabling X_ProxyServerRedundancy and X_SecondaryRegistration.

While on the Obi100 I had previously that was configured with Obi's online portal wizard for Callcentric, X_ProxyServerRedundancy and X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix were enabled while X_SecondaryRegistration was disabled.
Prof_Tech
join:2007-06-30
Quincy, IL

Prof_Tech to Mango

to Mango
Mango - That is good information in your other post. I noticed you didn't mention the X_SecondaryRegistration setting. I'm assuming from the description of the operation that you saw, secondary registration doesn't really buy you anything and in fact may simply create additional unnecessary network traffic?
Mango
Premium Member
www.toao.net

Mango

Premium Member

said by JTS33:

Is X_DnsSrvAutoPrefix required to be enabled to work properly with Callcentric DNS SRV?

Since Callcentric uses DNS SRV, I don't think it matters. Either way, the device will use the SRV record. IMO, the OBi's DNS settings are non-intuitive.
said by Prof_Tech:

secondary registration doesn't really buy you anything and in fact may simply create additional unnecessary network traffic?

My opinion exactly!