Search similar:

uniqs
towerdave
join:2002-01-16
O Fallon, IL

towerdave to netboy34

to netboy34

Re: DVR update last night?

I never saw the red X. Just cycling through the first couple of steps of the boot process.

TD
towerdave

towerdave to netboy34

to netboy34
Got home to wait for the tech. Plugged in the DVR. Power light flashed for about 10 minutes with nothing on the screen. Held power button down. DVR rebooted to single gear, then double gear, then booted up fine. All recordings appear to be there. I'm a happy camper. Cancelled the tech appointment.

TD

RBH
@99.37.100.x

RBH to netboy34

Anon

to netboy34
said by netboy34:

The only thing I see different is there is a white outline on the selection and the blues are slightly different somehow. Shading maybe?

Yes, the white outline- I got that push this morning, in STL. Somehow it lost 60% of my recorded programming. The titles come up in italics, and when you try to play them, they immediately go to the "end of program" menu.

Also, strangely, I now have 20 more hours of HD recording space available than I did before the push...
benk016
join:2011-06-05
Owasso, OK

benk016 to netboy34

to netboy34
we got the update on our receivers except for the DVR last week. Really like the subtle change in the interface. Looks great.

However, we got the update on our DVR today. And it has slowed the performance of it down quite a bit. After watching a DVR show and you stop it, it locks up for a good minute. pushing any button causes a popup to show up that say "DVR is working. Try again."
ozzyozzie
join:2008-03-29
Evergreen Park, IL

ozzyozzie to netboy34

to netboy34
Got mine last night/early AM. Quite noticeable, that's for sure.

JimThePCGuy
Formerly known as schja01.
MVM
join:2000-04-27
Morton Grove, IL

JimThePCGuy to netboy34

MVM

to netboy34
I noticed something changed when subtitles/captions were on.
The color scheme of the recorded show list has changed.
Shows that are only partially played are show in italics in the list.

My wife likes the changes.

Tel
join:2001-10-12
Mauldin, SC

Tel to benk016

to benk016
said by benk016:

we got the update on our receivers except for the DVR last week. Really like the subtle change in the interface. Looks great.

However, we got the update on our DVR today. And it has slowed the performance of it down quite a bit. After watching a DVR show and you stop it, it locks up for a good minute. pushing any button causes a popup to show up that say "DVR is working. Try again."

I would try a reboot of the DVR.

Jtpterps
@99.95.217.x

Jtpterps

Anon

I've had the update on my 2 STBs for a couple weeks but my DVR has yet to receive it.
GaTechThomas
Premium Member
join:2014-10-13
Gulf Breeze, FL

GaTechThomas to netboy34

Premium Member

to netboy34
I just got 2.4.29140.22 about an hour ago here in northwest Florida.

I'm new to the forum. Is there a thread that contains a history of changes for U-Verse updates?

David0417
Premium Member
join:2001-02-22
Clover, SC

David0417 to netboy34

Premium Member

to netboy34
I got the update yesterday on two of of my 3 receivers, my Pace IPH 8005 DVR and one of my 2 wireless receivers updated, just waiting now for the other wireless receiver.
Clowney
join:2013-09-03
Lexington, SC

Clowney to netboy34

to netboy34
Just noticed since I got the update that when I turn on the DVR it shows a picture and then the screen goes black for about a second and then right back to a picture.

I've also had a couple of new recordings made after the update jump directly to being finished when I play instead of actually playing even though they show as being fully there based on the length of the recording time showing on them. Of course, this makes them unwatchable.

Anyone else?

somemightsay
join:2005-07-16
Rockwall, TX

somemightsay to netboy34

to netboy34
Just got updated this morning (before 8 AM) for our STBs. I haven't checked the DVR.
D/FW area.