All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bluenote73
join:2009-02-17
Canada

bluenote73

Experience with ISPs AEBC, Lightspeed, Nucleus or Uniserve?

I'm leaning towards AEBC or Lightspeed but I'm interested in comments about all 4.
I'm planning to go with them for a DSL package 25/5 or 50/10.

Also if anyone can suggest a more appropriate place to gather responses about this I am all ears. It doesn't seem like there's any place on broadband reports that really gets the traffic for these particular services, so if there's another forum somewhere that may be frequented by customers of these ISP's please speak up and let me know!

thanks
analog andy
join:2005-01-03
Surrey, BC

analog andy

I have Lightspeed ADSL my at my shop but just the lower 6mbit package. I had the Cable package and ADSL at home. For the most part they're trouble free but if something goes wrong you're dependent of Telus/SHAW taking their time to respond to their repair requests.

I don't have them at home atm because the wife wanted cable back so she got a SHAW package. Now I'm about to go back to Lightspeed as the wife finally realized that pay $150 per month for cable + internet is a rip off when netflix/ota/third party ISP = $60 per month.
partisan
join:2014-06-04

partisan to bluenote73

to bluenote73
I have Lightspeed cable internet. I think it is supposed to be 25/2.5, but I don't often get that. They are fairly reliable, but if it goes out, it is going to be out for awhile.

The lady who answers the phone is pretty grouchy, but the tech guys are very friendly, if somewhat useless, as they just pass real issues on to Shaw. I guess they would be good if your modem died.

I try to remember that they are cheaper than most, and with that in perspective the service is fine.

I am really interested in »ubn.ca/
bluenote73
join:2009-02-17
Canada

bluenote73

Thanks for the info guys. Anyone else have any of the others like AEBC?
Lite_Me_Up
join:2008-10-14
v3b

Lite_Me_Up to partisan

to partisan
quote:
I am really interested in »ubn.ca
Used to was: Imagen/Lionsgate/Paralynx
Latest name change: "Urban" ... »imagen.ca
analog andy
join:2005-01-03
Surrey, BC

analog andy to bluenote73

to bluenote73
I finally got around to getting rid of SHAW once again (wife wanted cable again for the grandmother) I got switched to Lightspeed Cable this morning. The grandmother problem got solved with OTA antenna, a hd full of her shows and a WD TV Live. Put the thing on random play voila tv for free.

Something to look out for. Supposedly the SHAW guy was suppose to come over and test the modem/line between 8-12, never showed up and I don't see why he would have to. Was a waste of time/money paying someone to sit there till 1:10pm since we had to go to work (nothing against Lightspeed)