Search similar:

uniqs

pulp46
Premium Member
join:2003-01-28
canada

pulp46

Premium Member

[iPhone] Any way to STOP annoying email with Find My iPhone?

Holy crap, these emails are a pain in the you know what, EVERY time you use Find My iPhone, arrives an email. Is there a Setting to stop this nonsensical annoyance?

Dear xxx,
Your Apple ID (xxx@gmail.com) was used to sign in to the Find My iPhone app on a new device.
Date and Time: September 30, 2014, 3:08 PM PDT
Device: iPhone 5
If you recently signed in to the Find My iPhone app, you can disregard this email.
If you have not signed in to Find My iPhone recently or you believe someone may have accessed your account, go to My Apple ID (»appleid.apple.com) and change your password as soon as possible.
Apple Support

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt

Premium Member

set up a filter in your gmail...

these emails are for your security, to see if someone's not hacked your account or is attempting to hack it.

Jovan
@75.9.160.x

Jovan to pulp46

Anon

to pulp46
I think this feature is a new bug. I'm pretty sure it came with 8.0.2, but now sure. In the past, you'd only get these the first time a new device was signed in. That makes sense and it good security. However, as OP indicates, they seem to come with every... sign in now. Ugh.

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy to pulp46

Premium Member

to pulp46
I've used find my iphone a couple of times this week and have gotten an email each time. Tried it a few minutes ago and did not receive an email. Something changed?

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

2 edits

haroldo

This is probably all due to hack-gate (celebrities such as the one involving Jennifer Lawrence, etc.)
it's all good, it's for security

Just change the address to a secondary account, set up a filter to delete the messages, stop checking Find My iPhone so frequently or just ignore it and don't let it bother you.

country girl
@69.35.192.x

country girl

Anon

Sorry to intrude, but I am not really familiar with find my iphone (particularly the app) and wondering if you could help.

I have it enabled on both my ipad and iphone. I do not use icloud.com. If I install the app on my ipad can it track my phone? If so, how does it have my phone info, could I track my husbands phone (a different itunes acct)? How do I "sign up" my phone's info or ipad info.

Just looking for some general info.

Thanks!

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

If you activate Find My iPhone in Settings > iCloud, then you can use the "Find iPhone" app on any iOS device or icloud.com to track any device on your account.

The Find iPhone app also allows you login to any Apple ID/iCloud account, so if you knew your husband's password and he had Find My iPhone activated, then you could use the app to locate his phone.

The easier way to do that would be to just use the "Find Friends" app and share your location with each other. Then you don't have to login to his account, and these login warning emails would not be sent either.

Find My iPhone app: »itunes.apple.com/us/app/ ··· 648?mt=8
Find My Friends app: »itunes.apple.com/us/app/ ··· 094?mt=8

haroldo
join:2004-01-16
USA

haroldo to country girl

to country girl
said by country girl :

Sorry to intrude, but I am not really familiar with find my iphone (particularly the app)...

It's great for finding your phone (like if it slipped between the sofa cushions!). Make sure it's set up and try it.
kitsune
join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA

kitsune to pulp46

to pulp46
You should only get the email if you are logging into the app with a device that is not associated with your iCloud account or one associated with it through family sharing.
kitsune

kitsune to Thinkdiff

to Thinkdiff
said by Thinkdiff:

The easier way to do that would be to just use the "Find Friends" app and share your location with each other. Then you don't have to login to his account, and these login warning emails would not be sent either.

Actually with iOS 8 the easiest way is to setup family sharing and have both people share location with the family. Then when you sign into Find my... on your device it shows you yours and anyone else in the Family sharing their location without generating the email.

pulp46
Premium Member
canada

pulp46

Premium Member

I have a grandfathered 6 GIG plan for 30$. Wife and kids are on a shared plan. This is why I want it to work like it used to.

ArgMeMatey
join:2001-08-09
Milwaukee, WI

ArgMeMatey to kitsune

to kitsune
said by kitsune:

You should only get the email if you are logging into the app with a device that is not associated with your iCloud account or one associated with it through family sharing.

This seems to be correct. I use the same account on all devices, IOS 5, 6, and 8 and OSX 10.9.5. The only time I get an e-mail is when I use a web browser via my Windows 7 PC.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to pulp46

MVM,

to pulp46
Family Sharing is an iOS / iCloud feature.. separate from your carrier plan.

pulp46
Premium Member
canada

pulp46

Premium Member

Right. I don't want Family Sharing. This worked perfectly before iOS 8, I want it like before without FS. Guess I'm out of luck.
kitsune
join:2001-11-26
Sacramento, CA

kitsune

Family sharing doesn't remove anything you had before. Just gives you more options. So not really sure what you are complaining about.

gjrhine
join:2001-12-12
Pawleys Island, SC

gjrhine to pulp46

to pulp46
You probably get 20 spam emails for every one of these. So add it to spam or it is really a YOU problem.

siouxz
@203.16.41.x

siouxz to pulp46

Anon

to pulp46
I believe it is junk. I also just started getting a lot of these. check the 'Apple' email address. it mightCh be this: Apple .
Junk - delete.
Susan
siouxz

siouxz to Jovan

Anon

to Jovan
See my previous post - i think it is junk - check the 'apple' email address....