Search similar:

uniqs
voltara
join:2014-04-29

1 recommendation

voltara to houkouonchi

to houkouonchi

Re: "Don't settle for less than 100% of the internet" -Verizon

I've been meaning to get my he.net tunnel up and running again. I haven't used it since native IPv6 became available through TWC. Then after I switched over to FiOS, I didn't want to sink too much time into my router configs with OpenWRT 14.07 coming so soon (it's released officially as of this morning.)

The one thing I really want to see happen when Verizon launches native IPv6 is for them to resolve the whole bizarre dependency where their STB/DVR features require the Actiontec to be primary. With globally routable addresses (meaning the router doesn't need to phone home with the port translations), that dream may have some small hope of becoming reality.
dfwguy
join:2013-10-24

dfwguy

How does HE handle an IP address change? I use SixXS in heartbeat mode with my homebrew router doing the work, and it's completely transparent and seamless on the occasions when Verizon decides to reshuffle their IP assignments.
Rain
join:2008-12-12
USA

Rain

Look and see if your router supports HE's tunnelbroker IP update functionality. Its probably where you'd find Dynamic DNS settings (at least, that is where it is in pfSense).
dfwguy
join:2013-10-24

dfwguy

My homebrew is really homebrew, a FreeBSD box with a custom firewall/NAT script. SixXS was easy enough to set up since their client is in the Ports system. I was just curious if HE had some sort of similar system for handling things automatically.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff

MVM,

Pretty simple update URL you can use to do it:
»forums.he.net/index.php? ··· c=1994.0

You can probably throw a config file together for ddclient that would work.

Looks like it's pretty straightforward:
»forums.he.net/index.php? ··· c=2741.0