spc
Search similar:

uniqs
rustycruiser
join:2009-12-30
Cockeysville, MD

rustycruiser

[Channels] Comedy Central Qam

My Comedy Central HD channel has suddenly disappeared. I can't tune it. Switched out both of my splitters, then eliminated then, still no joy. Does anyone know what other channels are on the same qam so that I can check and see if they are missing as well?

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

1 edit

johnf2

Premium Member

said by rustycruiser:

My Comedy Central HD channel has suddenly disappeared. I can't tune it. Switched out both of my splitters, then eliminated then, still no joy. Does anyone know what other channels are on the same qam so that I can check and see if they are missing as well?

Comedy Central HD Ch 690 on 423 MHZ
Nick HD Ch 752 also on 423 MHZ

Not sure if there is a third on 423 MHZ

I am in VHO8, Philadelphia

johnf2nv
rustycruiser
Cockeysville, MD

rustycruiser

said by johnf2:

Comedy Central HD Ch 690 on 423 MHZ
Nick HD Ch 752 also on 423 MHZ

Not sure if there is a third on 423 MHZ

I am in VHO8, Philadelphia

johnf2nv

Thanks. It looks like I am missing Nick HD as well. I am also missing the logo in the guide for 570 ESPNHD and 574 ESPN2HD. And the guide logo for the NBA League Pass channels. Very weird. I guess I have hours on the phone with Fios to look forward to.

johnf2
VHO8
Premium Member
join:2001-12-31
Feasterville Trevose, PA

1 edit

johnf2

Premium Member

said by rustycruiser:

am also missing the logo in the guide for 570 ESPNHD and 574 ESPN2HD.

rustycruiser, sometimes rebooting the VMS may bring back the guide channel logos because it reloads the whole guide again on reboot. But, can't be 100% sure on that will work because you also have missing channels that you can't tune.

Good luck,

johnf2
rustycruiser
Cockeysville, MD

rustycruiser

Rebooted the STB, router, and ONT. No change.
webcobbler
join:2013-03-09
Rumson, NJ

webcobbler to johnf2

to johnf2
I have been without ESPN and ESPN 2 logos for 2 weeks now. Rebooting the router, STBs do not help.

Maybe it is another BUG. IDK. The no icons seem to change from channel to channel every so often.

But ESPN and ESPN 2 have stayed icon free for a long time. That is not normal.
Betamax76
join:2008-10-16
Canonsburg, PA

Betamax76 to johnf2

to johnf2
In some VHOs, Comedy Central HD and Nick HD are on 855 MHz. This has proven to be a problematic frequency for some ONTs. It is likely your ONT will need replaced.
rustycruiser
Cockeysville, MD

rustycruiser

I am in VHO4 in Anne Arundel county, if that helps narrow the qam in question.
Betamax76
join:2008-10-16
Canonsburg, PA

Betamax76

said by rustycruiser:

I am in VHO4 in Anne Arundel county, if that helps narrow the qam in question.

For your VHO, Comedy Central HD and Nick HD are definitely on 855 MHz. You can also try to tune Ch. 554 Spike HD and Ch. 717 VH1 HD which are on 861 MHz. These four channels represent the highest frequencies sent via QAM and therefore pose the greatest problems to aging ONTs.
rustycruiser
Cockeysville, MD

rustycruiser

No issues with Spike HD and VH1 HD. Nick and Comedy HD are the only ones missing. I will call Fios tomorrow. Thanks all for your help
kes601
join:2007-04-14
Virginia Beach, VA

kes601 to webcobbler

to webcobbler
Haven't had the ESPN / 2 Logos for a couple weeks either here, am on 7232s, not Quantum.