spc
Search similar:

uniqs

ldavis
@71.251.16.x

ldavis

Anon

No signal/No Sound but picture (HDMI?)

My mother has Cablevision, with a Sony LCD. Out of nowhere, she's encountered an issue. She has the Samsung cable box hooked up to the TV with an HDMI cable, and the same way for the Blu-ray player. She has never had any issues. Then in the last few days, she's gotten the following message that goes on the screen for the first couple seconds the TV is turned on:

"No signal. Check the external input or select another input using the input button."

The message does go away after a couple seconds and she does get a picture, but the bigger issue is that more often than not, she loses sound. She always has a picture but no sound on any channel. Sometimes if she reboots the box, the sound will come back, but not always. I also tried a new HDMI cable, so the issue isn't with the cable.

I exchanged the cable box today and the issue still remains. Does anyone have any ideas on what the cause could be, especially since I just exchanged the box and the same issue and symptoms remain?
dm145
join:2009-12-12
Clifton, NJ

dm145

Try connecting Sony to HDMI port that blu Ray uses

MuDvAyNe
Premium Member
join:2002-03-02
Brooklyn, NY

MuDvAyNe to ldavis

Premium Member

to ldavis
Sounds like a defective hdmi port on the TV.

gambitNJ
join:2012-11-15
Your Mom

gambitNJ to ldavis

to ldavis
Time for her to buy a new TV, perhaps a Smart 3D TV... And Surround Sound

RickNY
Premium Member
join:2000-11-02
Bellport, NY

RickNY to ldavis

Premium Member

to ldavis
I dont have a Samsung box to check -- but see if there are settings for audio that turn off Dolby Digital on the box.. Many TV's can't adequately process the Dolby Digital signal being passed and it results in no sound at all. If given the option - try using "Stereo" instead.