uniqs
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck to shaner

to shaner

Re: NFL Season - Week 5

said by shaner:

After the season? I think you spelled October wrong.

Heh, I think for Halloween Rex Ryan will be dressed as an unemployed NFL coach, except it won't be a *costume* LOL

NefCanuck

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues to shaner

Premium Member

to shaner
If they go 1-6 after the next two games, maybe.

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor

With the Broncos and Patriots being the next 2 opponents, 1-6 is not a particularly unlikely scenario.

If they score and put up a fight (like Tampa Bay did) that will probably be enough for those games. But 2 more wipeouts and Rex could really start to worry about his job.

elwoodblues
Elwood Blues
Premium Member
join:2006-08-30
Somewhere in

elwoodblues

Premium Member

said by aurgathor:

With the Broncos and Patriots being the next 2 opponents, 1-6 is not a particularly unlikely scenario.

If they score and put up a fight (like Tampa Bay did) that will probably be enough for those games. But 2 more wipeouts and Rex could really start to worry about his job.

We have a bye in week 11, I'm thinking they'll give him till week 10, but with a 1-6 record after 7 games, the odds of getting into the play offs are uncalculatable which may mean bye bye Rex.

WRT to the Bucs/Saints game. Yeah it was a good game, but was that Tampa stepped up to the plate or was it that the Saints just plain sucked.

capecoddah
join:2005-03-18
Yarmouth Port, MA

capecoddah to shaner

to shaner
I have been blessed with a Bill Belichick press conference every week. It's Comedy Gold. Trolling the media. "I don't want to be here and answer your asinine questions but it's in my contract."
Next best is Rex Ryan. I love when he flips out or puts his foot in his mouth.
"I'm an idiot and I love talking to you guys."
System

to shaner

Anon

to shaner
This topic has been un-stickied by Kardinal See Profile

aurgathor
join:2002-12-01
Lynnwood, WA

aurgathor to elwoodblues

to elwoodblues

Re: NFL Season - Week 5

Looking at the Jets' schedule, they don't seem to have many tough opponents after the next 2 games -- I would think NE at home KC away are the two least winnable games later on. But they would need to play a lot better than last time to have any chance.