spc
Search similar:

uniqs
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

[Hockey] 2014-15 Ottawa Senators Thread

Might as well start this off with some good news - Bobby Ryan resigned to a 7 year $50.75m extension. $7.25m AAV.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
join:2001-02-04
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

.....and while we're at it: EK65 is announced as the new captain of the team.
Kardinal

Kardinal to bt

Mod

to bt
I forgot one other thing: the Senators beat the Leafs twice on the same night, by winning both split-squad games.

Lothario
join:2009-09-30
Ottawa, ON

Lothario to bt

to bt
And EA sports has simulated them to finish last in the east...
NefCanuck
join:2007-06-26
Mississauga, ON

NefCanuck

said by Lothario:

And EA sports has simulated them to finish last in the east...

To be fair EA Sports NHL 15 has been universally panned for being a steaming pile of poop (as released) so I would take any predictions made by that program with a boulder of salt.

NefCanuck

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

HiVolt to bt

Premium Member

to bt
said by bt:

Might as well start this off with some good news - Bobby Ryan resigned to a 7 year $50.75m extension. $7.25m AAV.

Thats great, until he finds out they'll be paying him with Canadian Tire Money.

ZZZZZZZ
Premium Member
join:2001-05-27
PARADISE

ZZZZZZZ to bt

Premium Member

to bt
That's insane after the year he had..........he's better pick it up.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
join:2003-07-16
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

said by ZZZZZZZ:

That's insane after the year he had..........he's better pick it up.

I am not sure if you are being sarcastic or not

Ryan was injured much of the second half of the season, he tried to play with a Sports Hernia. Eventually they shut him down when playoffs became a distant hope.

In 70 GP (with about 30 of those injured) he managed 23 Goals and 25 assists

dirtyjeffer0
Posers don't use avatars.
Premium Member
join:2002-02-21
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

yea, i think Ryan is a really good player...it's a pricey deal, but as i've said before, if you want to retain talent, you have to pay for it.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan to bt

Premium Member

to bt
Sens win the back to back series with the Habs

Win last night and tonight

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

Kardinal to bt

Mod

to bt
The Senators have finished the pre-season at 4-2-1, including 4-0 vs division rivals in blue-white or blue-white-red.

The big questions are going to be who stays and who goes down to Bingo / junior. I think Lazar has looked fine but in the numbers game he goes back to junior so that Hoffman doesn't have to try and clear waivers or Stone gets sent down because he is waiver exempt.

Cowen looked much better tonight -- I liked his game, especially the save he helped make in the 3rd period. Weircioch looked pretty good tonight too, IMO.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan

Premium Member

I wonder if Condra and Greening will be on the team.. both have underwhelmed

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

Condra was injured for most of the pre-season, and he's not an offensive player but very capable defensively. I'd say Greening is on shakier ground, but with a 3yr contract kicking in, he'd be hard to move.
bt
join:2009-02-26
canada

bt

Greening's spot was not secure as of late last week according to MacLean
bt

bt

Final roster is out »senators.nhl.com/club/ne ··· d=733164

Methot on IR let them keep Hoffman, Lazar and Stone for the time being.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

Kardinal to bt

Mod

to bt
I think Stone is here for the year (he's on a one-way contract, but I think his play has put him on the team), and that Lazar will be back in Jr after 9 games or when Methot comes off IR (whichever comes sooner).

JGP, Puempel, Robinson, Claesson all sent down. I'm really happy to see how Puempel has progressed from the beginning of last season and I think he'll be the first F called up. JGP plays with a ton of heart, but he's just not big enough to be a C in the NHL.
Kardinal

Kardinal to bt

Mod

to bt
Game 1 was a reasonably good first 40 minutes, followed by a 3rd period that reminded a lot of fans of the first 50 games of last season. Ugh.

The first two periods of game two were a lot like the last one of game one, but the third period was much more like the lockout-shortened season: pesky Sens!

Game 3? We'll have to see. My initial guess is Wiercioch in, playing with Gryba, Borocop moves to play with Ceci, and Phillips moves to play with EK65. Cowen to the press box.

I've been impressed with Stone, Chiasson and Hoffman. Lazar is looking more and more like exactly what he is: young. Very. Ryan has played well but not scored, and we know that can happen at times (see the beginning of last season), so I'm not worried about him nor about 9MM.

BigSensFan
Premium Member
Belle River, ON

BigSensFan to bt

Premium Member

to bt
I think it is time to think about moving the Panthers (pics of the 'crowd' at tonights game vs the Sens)

»www.thescore.com/nhl/news/603905

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

Kardinal to bt

Mod

to bt
Yeeesh....I've seen more at a Senators open practice.

Sens lead 1-0 on a late 2nd period PPG by MacArthur!
mr weather
Premium Member
join:2002-02-27
Mississauga, ON

mr weather to BigSensFan

Premium Member

to BigSensFan
said by BigSensFan:

I think it is time to think about moving the Panthers (pics of the 'crowd' at tonights game vs the Sens)

Yeah it was pretty pathetic. I've seen bigger crowds at my son's minor hockey games.

HiVolt
Premium Member
join:2000-12-28
Toronto, ON

1 recommendation

HiVolt

Premium Member

Wow, thats pretty sad... Seriously, who thought it was a good idea for TWO Florida based teams?

O yeah, Buttman.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0 to mr weather

Premium Member

to mr weather
said by mr weather:

said by BigSensFan:

Yeah it was pretty pathetic. I've seen bigger crowds at my son's minor hockey games.

the London Knights pull better attendance than the Panthers for pete's sake.

their average is 9000 per game for 11 straight seasons so far...that is about sell out for the JLC/Bud Gardens...it's also part of the reason why the Hunter's make so much money from this franchise.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

The Knights pull pretty well, but it's London and there ain't much else to do there. Miami has the Dolphins, the Heat, the Marlins and the beach.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by Kardinal:

The Knights pull pretty well, but it's London and there ain't much else to do there. Miami has the Dolphins, the Heat, the Marlins and the beach.

we have UWO and the Ceeps...nuff said.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

Kardinal

Mod

Miami has a lot of peelers. Game. Set. Match.

Now, back to the Ottawa Senators.......

I'll be at the home opener tomorrow, and it should be a good spectacle to start the game but I'll be more interested in seeing how the team does and who is in/out. I still think Lazar should be sent back to the WHL as there are others who will get a better chance to play this year and the team can then decide if they want them long-term or not.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by Kardinal:

Miami has a lot of peelers. Game. Set. Match.

so does London, and some of them are recruited from UWO.

Kardinal
Dei Gratina Regina
Mod
N of 49th

1 edit

Kardinal to bt

Mod

to bt
After a very poor first period where the PP was absolutely gawdawful, the Senators played a mediocre 2nd and a brilliant 3rd, including 4 unanswered goals to win 5-3 and improve to 3-1-0-0 so far this season. Bobby Ryan had one of his hey-I-make-this-look-easy quick-release goals, Mark Stone with a brilliant play to steal the puck from Iginla and set up MacArthur, and a Zack Smith goal that really should have been Curtis Lazar's. Anderson kept the team in the game in the first, and they really became #pesky in the third period.

I'm not expecting them to keep this pace up, but I'm enjoying it.

(edit = correction)
Kardinal

Kardinal to bt

Mod

to bt
After a week of due to Wednesday's game being postponed, the Senators were a little bit rusty but played two good periods and a pretty good OT, but came away with only one point after a turnover that Jagr picked up and skated in and scored with. He'll burn ya like that.

Kudos to the Senators organization for the simple yet beautiful ceremony before the game -- I hope it was as good on TV as it was in the arena.

4-1-1 in the first six games. I'll take it.
Kardinal

Kardinal to bt

Mod

to bt
Video clip: pre-game ceremony and national anthems

I don't know why the mics didn't pick up the crowd singing 'O Canada' better; it was very loud in the arena.

dirtyjeffer0
Premium Member
London, ON

dirtyjeffer0

Premium Member

said by Kardinal:

I don't know why the mics didn't pick up the crowd singing 'O Canada' better; it was very loud in the arena.

they are likely set up to only record sounds close to them...otherwise, you wouldn't hear anything because of all the background noise...as well, for live game broadcasts, it minimizes all the swear words picked up on the ice.