tao
Frazzlebats
Premium Member
join:2000-12-03
Lansing, MI

tao

Premium Member

Problem with outside wires.

I rent the upstairs of a house. The owner of the house runs a business from the first floor. The owner recently put on a new roof and downspouts. During the course of these home improvements it was discovered that the cable wire to the house was overly long and was laying in the gutter.

About a week ago, a WOW employee came out and moved the wire out of the gutter, but his solution was to fold the wire and place under some flashing installed by the roofers.

So I called WOW again and another appointment was scheduled. This time nothing was done and the builder owner was told that nothing would be done because I, the customer, was not there and that I would be charged $70-$80 to move the wire. The owner offered to let the Tech into my apartment but he said he could not since I was not there. The owners response to me was to get the wire moved or she would move it. They are not saying good things about WOW and being in Real Estate, they see a lot of people.

Here is the deal, I need a place to live more than I need WOW. As a customer, I have no way or means to control what or where the installation is done. I did not perform the installation myself and I did not leave 100 extra feet of cable laying on a roof. I don't understand why shortening a cable wire is going to take a third trip out to my place.

So you understand better what the tech is facing I will explain what I know. All the wiring is external to the home. There is a WOW box on the east side of the home with wiring run to the upstairs on the south, east, and north sides. The north side is where the longer wire is and the north side has two wires run to one room. On that north side there is a wire run through a window frame and is not used by me. There is another wire running through the brick wall and through the wall board which is being used. I have never been on the roof so I don't know if which wire has the problem of being too long.

I have been of the mind that your tech can easily determine which wire is live and which one is not, and therefore know what needs to be done. If the live wire is too long, the tech will need access to my apartment and the owner has a key if I am not there. If I wind up with some extra wire inside that is okay, I can spool it up and stash it out of the way. Again, I don't understand why this will take a third trip out, or why it should cost me any money as this is all on WOW as you folks left the extra wire out there. You have records, you know who did the install and when. You have access to the notes made by any of the techs who have been out here.

Inflex
join:2002-09-05

Inflex

A tech isn't going to enter your home when you aren't there. Period. Make an appointment for when you are home.

tao
Frazzlebats
Premium Member
Lansing, MI

tao

Premium Member

If you aren't WOW, stay out of my business. Period.

Inflex
join:2002-09-05

Inflex to tao

to tao
Don't post in public forum if you don't want the public to respond.
Nappyhoose
join:2013-04-04
Troy, MI

Nappyhoose to tao

to tao
What Inflex said is correct. This is not WOW's site. I suggest you contact them directly instead of posting here.

tao
Frazzlebats
Premium Member
Lansing, MI

tao

Premium Member

Thank you, I know the drill here. I know this is a customer service and not a technical issue so my chances were slim here, but had to give a go because a tech made a choice that has reached a fail point.