Search similar:

uniqs

planet
join:2001-11-05
Oz

planet

[iPhone] Advanced iOS virus targeting Hong Kong protestors -security firm

»www.reuters.com/article/ ··· 20140930

wow...didn't realize virus existed for iOS..

"(Reuters) - Cybersecurity researchers have uncovered a computer virus that spies on Apple Inc's iOS operating system for the iPhone and iPad, and they believe it is targeting pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong."

GuruGuy
Premium Member
join:2002-12-16
Atlanta, GA

GuruGuy

Premium Member

said by planet:

»www.reuters.com/article/ ··· 20140930

wow...didn't realize virus existed for iOS..

"(Reuters) - Cybersecurity researchers have uncovered a computer virus that spies on Apple Inc's iOS operating system for the iPhone and iPad, and they believe it is targeting pro-democracy protesters in Hong Kong."

Big question is how is the malware getting on the device (ios)?

Tex
Dave's not here
Premium Member
join:2012-10-20

Tex to planet

Premium Member

to planet
From the article:
quote:
Still, he said that his company's research team has yet to identify any specific victims of the iOS Trojan.

Thinkdiff
MVM,
join:2001-08-07
Bronx, NY

Thinkdiff to planet

MVM,

to planet
It's not a virus, it's a trojan. And it only affects jailbroken phones. Unfortunately, many people jailbreak their phones in China.

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to GuruGuy

Mod

to GuruGuy
If you have a jailbroken phone, with cydia installed, in China, and tap on a link, it will auto-install some thing.

Non-issue.
easonin
Rock Ridge, FL
join:2008-07-08

easonin to planet

to planet
Also says that users will have to click a link, sent to them via WhatsApp. I don't know about you all, but I don't go clickety click on any and every link that gets sent to me. But then again, I wouldn't use that app, ever. Besides, there are more secure apps for chat on iOS and android if you wanna protest the man.

I can't wait for iOS 8 to be jailbroken though.