spc
Search similar:

uniqs

shinjuru

join:2000-10-29
West Coast

shinjuru

[Game] Skyforge

For you Free-to-Play MMO fans out there.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· pkvbYMWk

The path before a young god is a dangerous one. After spending months working towards the divine form, you may feel like the danger is over. But, the truth is, the real threat is just beginning...

Aelion and its inhabitants live in the shadow of danger, as the enemy gods continue their attempts to take over the planet. The only ones who can stop these invasions are the young gods who have no intention of giving up their home world without a fight! Prepare yourself for events of incredible scale, prepare to defend Aelion!

»www.skyforge.com

FizzyMyNizzy
join:2004-05-29
New York, NY

4 edits

FizzyMyNizzy

Open beta now. Not sure what to play as. hmm

I like the fact you can change to any class you want, and change your looks. Graphics looks wonderful. The menu control need to get used to it. Press i to change class, F12 to leave game, U for humm...er... that other menu. I think pressing U is also friends list.. Any way. back to the game.

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· BvlMh3XY

===

Open beta will not be wipes.
»massivelyop.com/2015/07/ ··· ly-16th/
me1212
join:2008-11-20
Lees Summit, MO
·Google Fiber

me1212 to shinjuru

to shinjuru
The launcher is a p2p client that seeds the game when windows starts. They dont tell you this and you have to turn it off yourself.

»www.reddit.com/r/Games/c ··· s_a_p2p/

Mike
Mod
join:2000-09-17
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike to FizzyMyNizzy

Mod

to FizzyMyNizzy
for a mmo it's pretty

TheBionic
Funkier than a mohair disco ball.
Premium Member
join:2009-07-06
united state

TheBionic to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
I may have to try this one out, the character progression outlined in the video looks pretty cool.

FizzyMyNizzy
New York, NY

FizzyMyNizzy

said by TheBionic:

I may have to try this one out, the character progression outlined in the video looks pretty cool.

Skyforge skill tree..... cough people from Path of Exile was involve in this game too.

Also, 2 trees. One is your class tree. The other one is also have stats, but if you want to unlock class you use Ascension Atlas.

Note: If you put points in 1 class tree, and then change class. The stats you keep. Example: Str, Luck, stam, val, etc., If you want to play some other class. I suggest max out 1 class, and then work on "Ascension Atlas" and use all the crystal points on AA instead of working on the other 2 classes. I am working my way to the gunner.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

said by FizzyMyNizzy:

Skyforge skill tree..... cough people from Path of Exile was involve in this game too.

I was wondering about that; there are many similarities just looking at it.

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA
·Verizon FiOS

Mike to shinjuru

Mod

to shinjuru
Now that I unlocked the train all classes ability the game is a ton more advanced than the first three classes make it. If anything, the length of the first three classes are a deterrent to the game. I almost quit playing.

If they fix the hilariously bad character models this COULD be fun.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

I played some with the cryomancer today. Fun class, lots of cool looking ice powers, but this is going to be a long haul grind. How long did it take you to get to where you could start to travel toward other classes?

The gameplay is pretty good IMO, but the story is pretty bland. I couldn't really tell you what is going on. Also I had to turn antialising off to get more then 30 fps in crowded areas (frequently dropping sub 20). Still the combat is pretty good. I can see a lot of repetition being necessary and that could get old fast.

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

Once you get around +22 gear you'll get a quest to practice with all 12 classes.

There is a story? "Hey kill these" is all I need in a MMO

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Thanks. I am one or two nodes away from the ability to see the big picture.

The currency acquisition is insane. Costumes cost like 30,000 of the clothes currency, and I was gaining like 33 per quest (22 without the premium bonus they give you for the first 3 days). I know they're a f2p game and need to entice you to spend real money but come on. I don't want to have to complete over 1,000 missions to buy one set of clothes.
said by Mike:

"Hey kill these" is all I need in a MMO

This has that in spades. I think the combat, at least for the cryomancer, is pretty fun.

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

patch last night ruined everything.

server is laggy, mounts are broken, rubber banding, disconnections.

FizzyMyNizzy
New York, NY

FizzyMyNizzy

said by Mike:

patch last night ruined everything.

server is laggy, mounts are broken, rubber banding, disconnections.

Got kick out of the game 4-5 times today. =S. Yea, this patch broke the game.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic to shinjuru

Premium Member

to shinjuru
I played last night as well and the lag was awful and the game was super buggy. I did get the log in rewards for day 2 and then also day 3 right after (even though I only created an account the day before) so I kind of got a bonus.

Trying to figure out which class to work toward first. I trained a bit with the Necromancer, Gunner, Warlock, and Kinetic. All were pretty cool.

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

melee is going to be absolutely crap with survivability with this game

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Kinetic is the only class I tried that had any mele aspect to it, and there wasn't much. I was pretty impressed by how differently the classes played, especially warlock. That whole class seems to revolve around DOT crows and different ways to manipulate them to cause damage through two different stances. Pretty original, but it seems like it would take some work to get any good.

I was thinking of working my way over to a tankier class since I'm getting farther along in the cryomancer. Then maybe a support after that, just to have one of each role.

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

It's like unmodded skyrim meets swtor meets magicka

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Yes I'm enjoying it. Kind of getting bored doing the same instances over and over. It's feels kind of like Destiny in that regard.

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

more unlock as you do the story... I think theres a story. theres some quest bar I do things and more things come up

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

I am a tad bit short on prestige so am stuck farming the different colored gems to unlock nodes and advance the story. I've had to do Port Naori like 5 times so far. It is an ok stage and the optional objectives are kind of fun. The grayfix are purty. Last night I was messing around in the training room unlocking outfits or I would already be through.

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

There aren't bad instances though

FizzyMyNizzy
New York, NY

1 edit

FizzyMyNizzy

»www.youtube.com/watch?v= ··· ywW1Qb2o
quote:
Please be aware that the Skyforge [NA] server will be taken offline Friday, July 24th at 5:45am PDT (2:45pm CEST) for maintenance. We will be adding server hardware in an attempt to help improve the current login and latency issues the NA server is experiencing. »goo.gl/T5Z8ry
Duration:
Approx. ~3 hour
5:45am PDT (2:45pm CEST) to 8:45am PDT (5:45pm CEST)

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

A good video, I need to learn more about the way the actual stats work. I've just been equipping the item with the highest number on it without really understanding the different stats.

FizzyMyNizzy
New York, NY

3 edits

FizzyMyNizzy

said by TheBionic:

A good video, I need to learn more about the way the actual stats work. I've just been equipping the item with the highest number on it without really understanding the different stats.

»sf.my.com/us/news/announ ··· bilities
*Note: the names of some stats may change before the start of the OBT.

TheBionic
Premium Member
united state

TheBionic

Premium Member

Thank you! I have only been playing since Tuesday so haven't had a ton of time to get into it.

By the way I got the daily log-in rewards for days 4, 5 and 6 last night for some reason. The bugs have mostly worked out in my favor lol

FizzyMyNizzy
New York, NY

2 edits

FizzyMyNizzy

Same. I got all my log-in rewards. =D. Well, 40mins left. Zzzzzz.

Oh, "Might" also inflate prestige. If all you do is upgrade weapon. You will be very weak on higher level areas. You still need all the other stats.

This might help understand it more(math time.)
»skyforge.wikia.com/wiki/Damage
quote:
The damage applied by a Skill is derived from its base damage value in conjunction with a number of different character Stats.

Total DamageEdit
Total damage is an estimate of a character's DPS, used in communication.

The total damage is described by a simple formula

Total Damage =
Base Damage +
Bonus Damage +
Critical Damage +
Impulse Damage

Skill Tooltip DamageEdit
The actual tooltip damage of a skill is directly related to the damage values that make up Total Damage, but it can also be effected by Talents and Symbols. For brevity, let's call the tooltip damage before the effects of Talents the "Base Tooltip Damage". This Base Tooltip Damage is further scaled depending on the skill.

The exact equation for the min and max base tooltip damage is unknown, but it appears to be similar to:

Minimum

Minimum Base Damage * Skill Dependent Number
Maximum

(Maximum Base Damage + Bonus Damage) * Skill Dependent Number
See Skill Tooltip Damage for a list of skill dependent numbers.

Base DamageEdit
Described in-game as the "Character's basic skill damage". Derived from Might, Strength, and Accuracy.

Maximum base damage:

(Might * 0.1033) + (Strength * 0.197 * (1 + Accuracy))
Minimum base damage:

(Might * 0.0967 * (1 - Accuracy)) + (MaxDamage * Accuracy)
Bonus DamageEdit
Described in-game as "Bonus skill damage proportional to the opponent's current health. The more health they have, the higher the damage inflicted." Derived from Valor and Temper.

The bonus damage scales as

Valor * 0.2 * (1 + Temper)
Critical DamageEdit
Described in-game as "Bonus damage added when the character inflicts a critical hit." Derived from Luck and Critical Chance.

The critical damage scales as

Luck * 2/3
The application chance is defined by the raw % of Critical Chance.

Impulse DamageEdit
Described in-game as "Bonus damage inflicted by skills that use Impulse Charge." Derived from Spirit and Discharge Recovery.

The impulse damage scales as

1.095 * Spirit * (1 + Discharge Recovery)

Mike
Mod
Pittsburgh, PA

Mike

Mod

Str is the only stat that matters got it.

AE also needs Spirit

FizzyMyNizzy
New York, NY

3 edits

FizzyMyNizzy

Saw this in reddit.
»www.gamer-network.fr/act ··· -premium
quote:
- 14 days of access to Premium Features
- 10000 Celestial Threads (in-game currency that can be used to purchase accessories or costumes)
- Mount use 1 hour
You can only enter 1.

chris_c21
join:2015-04-02
Tucson, AZ

chris_c21

Nice, just redeemed my code. Thanks for the link!

FizzyMyNizzy
New York, NY

FizzyMyNizzy

said by chris_c21:

Nice, just redeemed my code. Thanks for the link!

Not sure will I use the item now... Since, you get more currency later on. hmm