All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
corgi11
join:2013-09-30

corgi11

[Equip] Cisco DCP 3939 Gateway No Moca settings

When I went into the interface for my Cisco DCP 3939 Gateway the MOCA was turned off and there is no longer a way to turn it on anymore.
tknex
join:2012-10-03

tknex

It was disabled due to an issue with it interfering with anyroom dvr. You can call in and have a ticket put in to turn it back on if you want.

Newonhere
@173.66.3.x

Newonhere to corgi11

Anon

to corgi11
They are running scripts few times a day to make sure it stays off. If you can call and get it turned on, they will just get it disabled again.

Ugh
@69.139.81.x

Ugh

Anon

This exact issue has been happening to me as well. It's driving me crazy because I use the MOCA for internet connectivity to my Tivo Premier and Tivo Mini. Worked great since March and now every few days it disables on it's own. Interestingly enough, I own my DPC3939, bought it off ebay before the whole blacklist thing started. Anyway, does anyone know of a way to prevent Comcast from doing this? MOCA was a primary reason I bought the DPC3939!
tknex
join:2012-10-03

tknex

said by Ugh :

This exact issue has been happening to me as well. It's driving me crazy because I use the MOCA for internet connectivity to my Tivo Premier and Tivo Mini. Worked great since March and now every few days it disables on it's own. Interestingly enough, I own my DPC3939, bought it off ebay before the whole blacklist thing started. Anyway, does anyone know of a way to prevent Comcast from doing this? MOCA was a primary reason I bought the DPC3939!

You don't own the DPC3939. They were never made available retail and is a stolen device. You bought a stolen device.

Ugh
@69.139.81.x

Ugh

Anon

OK, even if I agreed with your thinking, what does that have to do with Comcast deciding to disable a feature on a device they "lease" (as is the case with others in this thread) for which they previously advertised as a capability and for which they did not notify? What's next, will they decide to turn off people's private WiFi setups at random?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Ugh :

OK, even if I agreed with your thinking, what does that have to do with Comcast deciding to disable a feature on a device they "lease" (as is the case with others in this thread) for which they previously advertised as a capability and for which they did not notify? What's next, will they decide to turn off people's private WiFi setups at random?

And that's why you should not use a combo unit duh.

Ugh
@69.139.81.x

Ugh

Anon

Yah, I know. I actually had a great setup prior but the dpc3939 was too tempting at $80. It's actually has been a nice piece of reliable equipment until Comcast decided to shoot it!
Ugh

Ugh

Anon

So... Is there anyway to prevent them from shutting disabling the MOCA?

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

Nope, as with all combo units if Comcast wants a setting set it shall be set and there's nothing you can do.