All Forums Hot Topics Gallery
spc
Search similar:

uniqs
ngrignon0
join:2014-10-03
Canada

ngrignon0

TEK TALK problem! Can't receive calls...

Hi, After 3 stops with the TekSavvy technical service and without success, I am trying here:

First my config: Modem router TP-LINK W8961ND + TEk Talk HT502.

My problem is the following, I can't receive phone calls (no ringtones)! The strange thing is that when I reboot the tektalk, I can usually receive calls (I tried with my cell to call the tektalk)... only for few minutes, then some bad mojo happens and the tektalk can't receive anymore call... Until I reboot it. I am pretty sure it is the HT502 fault, because I don't have to reboot my router or my computer to make it work again.

I tried many things; opening the ports, factory reboots, entered the tech Savvy Configuration on their website for line one... but no success and I am beginning to be really frustrated by this little box. I even bought a magic jack go to get a second working line and which worked like a charm the first time I plugged it. The thing is that my tek savvy phone number is linked with so many things that I still want to keep it, so this Tek box HAS TO WORK!!... any ideas???

TSI Chris K
Premium Member
join:2013-10-25
Chatham, ON

TSI Chris K

Premium Member

Hey ngrignon,

We can take a look into this for you. Could you please make a post in the direct forum (»/fo ··· avdirect). I'll need to get some account information to see what's going on with this.

Thanks,
Chris.
Mango
Use DMZ and you get a kick in the dick.
Premium Member
join:2008-12-25
www.toao.net

1 edit

Mango to ngrignon0

Premium Member

to ngrignon0
These are classic symptoms of the router's connection timing out due to inactivity. Please try to set the following on your ATA, if not already set:

ADVANCED SETTINGS
Keep-alive interval: 20

FXS PORT1
NAT Traversal (STUN): No, but send keep-alive
Register Expiration: 10

Let me know what the settings were before, and if what I suggested changes the symptoms. Good luck,

m.