spc
Search similar:

uniqs

arry
@27.4.80.x

arry

Anon

Mac filtering dlink error.

while trying to mac filter on my dlink router i keep getting this message when i click om save settings and no matter what i do i cant perform a mac filter. "If you can make sure that MAC filtering won't make WPS function and authorized STA connection fail, then we can avoid the constraint"

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7

It would help if you mentioned what kind of Dlink router you have.

Also, is it a black list or white list (inclusive or exclusive) Mac filter? Looks like one of the MAC address your trying to block was configured via WPS. Do you use WPS? If not, I suggest disabling it and connecting devices via the WPA2-AES password/passphrase.

Not sure what the authorized STA connection is. I found the FAQ below, but I don't understand how that can be relevant consumer router. Do you have a VPN or some special form of packet authorization?

aefstoggaflm
Open Source Fan
Premium Member
join:2002-03-04
Bethlehem, PA
Linksys E4200
ARRIS SB6141

aefstoggaflm to arry

Premium Member

to arry
#1 With mac address filtering there are the following problems/issues:

a) Regardless of the type of encryption (Wireless encryption types include WEP, WPA, WPA2) mac address(es) are always sent in the clear!

b) Not only it is possible to spoof/clone a mac address in a NAT router..

For example as noted as shown at »ui.linksys.com/files/WRT ··· nMAC.htm

..it is also possible to spoof/clone the mac address on a computer!

c) If an attacker user does not know how to spoof/clone a mac address without encryption: While they can not use your network, they can see what you are doing!

#2 So just use the highest level of wireless encryption that all of your gear supports.

arry
@27.4.81.x

arry to Hard Harry7

Anon

to Hard Harry7
i have a normal single antena dlink router got it 2 years back i use wap2 encryption i thought that was the prob so i disabled it but i got the same message again, and i dint any special settings on it this is the first time iam trying to mac filter n no1 else uses it besides me so i guess i dont have any special packet auth.

i dont even know what you mean by black list and white list. i tried both options on it select pc to work n not work but no matter what i did i kept getting the same message. iam really pissed dont know that to do.

BimmerE38FN
join:2002-09-15
Boise, ID

BimmerE38FN to arry

to arry
What model router do you have?

Hard Harry7
join:2010-10-19
Narragansett, RI

Hard Harry7 to arry

to arry
said by arry :

i have a normal single antena dlink router got it 2 years back

Yeaaaa.... I don't think I am going to be able to help.