spc
Search similar:

uniqs

CLEanon
@50.4.88.x

CLEanon

Anon

Throttling streaming services?

Does WOW throttle streaming services? I forgot to shut off watchespn on my roku last night, and now I'm having trouble maintaining a good stream for the NFL games via NFL servers. Wondering if they perhaps have a daily bandwidth max or something of that nature? Or perhaps the NFL servers aren't listed on an "exempt" list?

Does anyone have any knowledge of this? WOW_Dan?

goober22
Resident Duh-Huh Member
join:2001-12-28
Panama City, FL

goober22

I haven't heard of WOW throttling.

I HAVE heard that the NFL is having issues with game streaming. It was posted here awhile back and at other sites. Just google NFL streaming issues or problems.

Here's one: »www.multichannel.com/new ··· e/357467
devolved
join:2012-07-11
Rapid City, SD
Ooma Telo

devolved to CLEanon

to CLEanon
I do know that the NFL was having streaming problems last year as well. My brother (who is a Cox Cable customer) was having streaming issues during the divisional playoff games last year. He happened to be watching one game that went in to overtime and it simply crapped out on him right before the first snap in OT and he couldn't get it to work after that.
Body Count
join:2010-09-11
Columbus, OH

Body Count to CLEanon

to CLEanon
How did you get WatchESPN when WOW doesn't subscribe to it? Did you pay for the service yourself?

Just_Dan
Premium Member
join:2011-03-24
Denver, CO

Just_Dan to CLEanon

Premium Member

to CLEanon
said by CLEanon :

Does WOW throttle streaming services? I forgot to shut off watchespn on my roku last night, and now I'm having trouble maintaining a good stream for the NFL games via NFL servers. Wondering if they perhaps have a daily bandwidth max or something of that nature? Or perhaps the NFL servers aren't listed on an "exempt" list?

We don't throttle any internet traffic for customers unless it's impacting other customers, such as one customer being targeted by a DDoS attack and slowing down everyone else in their area.

Lark3po
Premium Member
join:2003-08-05
Madison, AL

Lark3po

Premium Member

said by Just_Dan:

said by CLEanon :

We don't throttle any internet traffic for customers unless it's impacting other customers, such as one customer being targeted by a DDoS attack and slowing down everyone else in their area.

That's funny, back when my internet was still Knology I received the highest HD stream from both Amazon and Netflix. Now that it is WOW I never receive HD period and often find myself staring at the buffering screen (and I pay extra for the 25/5 though I'm not sure why anymore). So this is the WOW experience I hear about in the commercials...