spc
Search similar:

uniqs

cralt
join:2011-01-07
CT

cralt to Darknessfall

to Darknessfall

Re: Incoming From CT - Looking For Answers(Based off Verizon Sale)

Charter is booked solid. My install with them is for 2 weeks from now.

So I ordered Frontier here on Nov18th. Appt was 25th. No call no show. Was promised today Dec6 8-10. Again no call no show. Was on hold for 90mins with Cust service and he got it rebooked for today. When? Who knows. I'll report back with what happens

Called my friend at Comcast and he says they have 4,000 pending installs in his system alone from people jumping ship. Normally they are slow this time of year but now OT is wide open and they are bringing in contractors. And I ended up getting Cablevision back at my elderly parents house in Milford. They had triple play+DVR and 2 phonelines. All the problems with Uverse was driving them (and in turn ME) nuts. Not worth the cost savings anymore.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
join:2012-08-17
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by cralt:

Normally they are slow this time of year but now OT is wide open and they are bringing in contractors.

Comcast contractors are probably the biggest bane of Comcast installs. I wouldn't be so excited about that.

cralt
CT

cralt

said by Darknessfall:

Comcast contractors are probably the biggest bane of Comcast installs.

True, but I bet they at least they show up :lol:

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by cralt:

said by Darknessfall:

Comcast contractors are probably the biggest bane of Comcast installs.

True, but I bet they at least they show up :lol:

Eh, their work is too shoddy though in the end. A lot of the time they need to schedule another person to come out to fix initial install issues. I wonder why Frontier hasn't tried hiring more techs considering the odd appointments recently.

If you want to know if there's been a nearby Frontier tech in your area recently, you can do so by tracking SSIDs and looking for "vCore-xxxxxxx"

cralt
CT

cralt to Darknessfall

to Darknessfall
OK so here is the report...
3 weeks
3 strait up "No Call/No Shows"
After being on hold again for 50mins they see the tech "ran out of time" and thats it.
They want to rebook for a 4th time.
I am really starting to think Frontier stopped doing business in Connecticut. This can't be a real

Now its a race between Charter and Frontier. Who will ring my doorbell 1st?

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by cralt:

Now its a race between Charter and Frontier. Who will ring my doorbell 1st?

It would be funny if one of them shows up and then the other shows up right as the first one is leaving :P.

Tursiops_G
Technoid
MVM
join:2002-02-06
Brooksville, FL

Tursiops_G

MVM

It would be even funnier if they both show up at the SAME time...

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by Tursiops_G:

I was actually going to type that at first, haha.

By the way, still no major problems on my end. Billing is still ok(2nd month just came in). Still waiting for caller ID(guess it's being slowly rolled out since there are a portion of people with it right now). Speeds are still fine and I haven't had any line problems.
bennor
Premium Member
join:2006-07-22
New Haven, CT

bennor to Darknessfall

Premium Member

to Darknessfall
Anyone get the second bill that showed you hadn't paid the first yet?

Got a email notification for the second months bill on one of my two accounts and it indicates I haven't paid the first month's bill yet. The first bill (both online and paper) has a billing date of 10/25/14 with a due date of 12/09/14. The second bill for that one account indicates I didn't pay the first bill even though the due date of the previous bill hasn't been reach yet. The second bill shows a billing date of 11/25/14 with a due date of 1/03/15.

Is this normal with Frontier?

cralt
CT

1 edit

cralt to Tursiops_G

to Tursiops_G
said by Tursiops_G:

Well actually i think its going to be a race between frontier and the UPS guy now. I went out and looked. I have RF at the ground block. So I ordered a D3 modem from amazon. When it shows up I will connect it up and see if Charter can pull in my order and just activate the modem over the phone. Apparently they are swamped with new connects also lol

Who do you think will win? FTR or UPS?

Dark, the service is still working mint in waterbury..but I never had to actually deal with FTR on that one. As long as that holds out Ill keep that account.
The no caller ID thing is what was the deal breaker for me at my parents. With out caller ID they kept picking up the phone for scammers and telemarketers. Cablevision is costly but it all works and they actually showed up on time the 1st time.. imagine that :P

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall to bennor

Premium Member

to bennor
said by bennor:

Got a email notification for the second months bill on one of my two accounts and it indicates I haven't paid the first month's bill yet. The first bill (both online and paper) has a billing date of 10/25/14 with a due date of 12/09/14. The second bill for that one account indicates I didn't pay the first bill even though the due date of the previous bill hasn't been reach yet. The second bill shows a billing date of 11/25/14 with a due date of 1/03/15.

Go online and check your "My Payments" tab. Look to make sure you don't have something under the "past due balance." The current balance includes both the past and newest balance. I think I saw the email say I had my old balance that I paid in there too, but it wasn't a problem because my account reflected it was already paid.

cralt,

I don't know. I don't know how Charter works.

The caller id is supposed to be fully back by the end of December based on what they say, but I already hear of a decent amount of people with it back already. It's probably because the VOIP system hasn't been fully ported over yet. My gateway still points to "Registration Server Address: ims.uverse.att.net"

Do they have one of those older home phones without caller ID? Should buy them a newer one . If you cannot get to your caller ID at all, a way to check who's calling or who called is to refresh the "Stats" page of the "Voice" tab on your gateway's UI(at least for the 2wires). It'll show who's calling with their info and their number and who the last caller was.

We have a newer home phone, but cannot get caller ID on it due to poor wiring during our initial U-verse install back in 2009. We never bothered to get it fixed.

mitchell195
join:2012-03-25
Trumbull, CT
Juniper SRX220
Cisco Meraki MR16

mitchell195

said by Darknessfall:

The caller id is supposed to be fully back by the end of December based on what they say, but I already hear of a decent amount of people with it back already. It's probably because the VOIP system hasn't been fully ported over yet. My gateway still points to "Registration Server Address: ims.uverse.att.net"

Due to the way the u-verse system works that may not mean much. The dns may point to a Frontier IP Address or one that AT&T is lending Frontier. Do an NSLookup & do a whois search on the resulting ip address. ims.u-verse.att.net is not a registered in the globally authoritative dns servers for att.net. I do not get an answer to a dns query for ims.u-verse.att.net. A DNS server who can translate that hostname to ip is only found accessable within the u-verse system most specifically with the virtual voice network, not accessible to the customer(at least under AT&T/SNET, may be different under Frontier/SNET).

Memory tells me that there is a stat on one of those pages of the RG to see which server you are actually on, I can't remember where exactly.

Darknessfall
Premium Member

Darknessfall

Premium Member

Well, I see an item in the log for the last caller(which there hasn't been since my last reboot) and for the info it just says the caller ID(last caller info) is "O" and provides an IP address which says AT&T.

cralt
CT

cralt to Darknessfall

to Darknessfall
said by Darknessfall:

I don't know. I don't know how Charter works.

Ugg. .well Its back to FTR vs Charter. Canceled the amazon order because come to find out Charter will not let you use your own modem. Looks like I'm stuck no matter what.
Qixotl
join:2002-02-08
New Milford, CT

Qixotl to bennor

to bennor
said by bennor:

Yes, I also received a notification email this morning claiming that I had not paid my bill yet, even though I had paid it 12 days ago. Looking at my online account data, I could see in my billing history that my payment was processed, but the website still said that I owed money by the due date of my paid bill.

I called Customer Service who initially told me to just ignore the messages, though I eventually convinced her that there was major glitch in the computer system. She put in a request to fix my account. By this evening, the glitch is fixed. My December bill is now up in the system (due in January), so it just looks like that bill was misapplied to the wrong expiration date. Hopefully this will be a one time thing.

Tursiops_G
Technoid
MVM
join:2002-02-06
Brooksville, FL
ARRIS TM1602

Tursiops_G to cralt

MVM

to cralt
said by cralt:

Ugg. .well Its back to FTR vs Charter. Canceled the amazon order because come to find out Charter will not let you use your own modem. Looks like I'm stuck no matter what.

Not from what I see here: »www.myaccount.charter.co ··· eid=2623

Of course, there's no real reason to buy your own modem, as Charter doesn't charge extra for using the modem that THEY provide with your service (at this time)...
bennor
Premium Member
New Haven, CT

bennor to Darknessfall

Premium Member

to Darknessfall
said by Darknessfall:

Go online and check your "My Payments" tab. Look to make sure you don't have something under the "past due balance." The current balance includes both the past and newest balance. I think I saw the email say I had my old balance that I paid in there too, but it wasn't a problem because my account reflected it was already paid.

Did that. My payment (done electronically) for the previous month hasn't been processed yet.

This is the first time I've seen a company push the payment due date beyond the next month's billing date. If one pays, as I did, between the next month's billing date and the previous months due date they'll get a bill that is indicates they haven't paid the previous month bill. What I wonder is what happens to those who have auto bill pay who pay in the period between the billing date and due date. They could be getting over charged without realizing it if they are not paying attention to their bills.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

1 edit

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by bennor:

said by Darknessfall:

Did that. My payment (done electronically) for the previous month hasn't been processed yet.

This is the first time I've seen a company push the payment due date beyond the next month's billing date. If one pays, as I did, between the next month's billing date and the previous months due date they'll get a bill that is indicates they haven't paid the previous month bill. What I wonder is what happens to those who have auto bill pay who pay in the period between the billing date and due date. They could be getting over charged without realizing it if they are not paying attention to their bills.

On the bottom right side of the main account page, you don't see anything recently under "Recent Payments"? Did you ever have anything taken out on your bank's end? If not, I would try again or try calling up this time and do the automated payment phone system. I think we had to call the CT number or something to get the automated system and not have to talk to someone. Our bill went through by the next day for us when we paid.
Darknessfall

1 edit

Darknessfall

Premium Member

By the way, I'm sort of shocked. All I see are people complaining about their service constantly going out since the transition. When they post their stats, they are borderline and claim they haven't had issues for years. I don't see how a transition that didn't affect line stats would instantly cause people to have drops. I feel like they were already having drops and now that there was a change, people want to believe Frontier somehow made it instantly worse. All of a sudden all of these people need technicians out because just now they decide that they're having line problems because they're borderline.
bennor
Premium Member
New Haven, CT

bennor to Darknessfall

Premium Member

to Darknessfall
said by Darknessfall:

On the bottom right side of the main account page, you don't see anything recently under "Recent Payments"? Did you ever have anything taken out on your bank's end? If not, I would try again or try calling up this time and do the automated payment phone system. I think we had to call the CT number or something to get the automated system and not have to talk to someone. Our bill went through by the next day for us when we paid.

The Frontier system shows the prior ATT payments but not the first one since the Frontier change over. The reason for that is because they indicated a 12/09/14 due date I set the automated payment for 12/8 (tomorrow) so it won't be processed until sometime tomorrow/Monday.

My confusion and issue is why they set a "due date" past the next months "bill date". Never seen that before in the past with ATT or Comcast (or any of my other "utility" bills).

While I'm stuck in phone tree hell on the Frontier system waiting and waiting for a CS to pick up I am hearing information that claims Frontier will be waiving any late payments (issuing credits) for the first two months due to the CT migration issues for their CT customers. It doesn't appear I've been assessed a late fee on my bill yet.

Stupid automated system says 5 minute wait time, been over 25 minutes.

Darknessfall
Premium Member

Darknessfall

Premium Member

Are you sure you're at the right number/place? You're probably in rep queue. We were able to get to it instantly.
Darknessfall

Darknessfall

Premium Member

I believe the number was 1-866-545-1732

cralt
CT

cralt to Tursiops_G

to Tursiops_G
I was going off this info
»Charter Stops Supporting Customer Owned Modems [128] comments

Since they no longer charge a lease there is no reason now for me to have gotten my own modem. I'm just stuck waiting weeks now. Maybe FTR will show up today. 11:30am and still nothing heard.

I can't wait to see my cellphone bills from the data overages.. I know I blew through the 10gig limit on the 1st week of working off the ATT one lol
bennor
Premium Member
New Haven, CT

bennor to Darknessfall

Premium Member

to Darknessfall
No, used the number off their website 1-800-921-8101. Gave up after more than 40 minutes in the wait cue. Will try again tomorrow morning.

Darknessfall
Premium Member

Darknessfall

Premium Member

Call the number I provided. That's the one the main number tells you to go to. You were in rep queue and this one is instant.

Catch22
join:2013-07-04
Trumbull, CT
2Wire 3801HGV

Catch22 to Darknessfall

to Darknessfall
said by Darknessfall:

I assume they're not accidentally put into the same categories? Frontier posted a message saying they had 8k titles today. By the sound of their post, it sounded like they were done with adding large amounts of content. That sounds a little odd because they stated there would be over 10k titles.

Flix as a sub-menu of Showtime On Demand appeared. Must have just been added, so far the 4 Flix sub-menus have no entries.

cralt
CT

cralt to Darknessfall

to Darknessfall
Well no cal/no show again. 4th time.

Just got off the phone with CSR and they said it was assigned to a tech in New Haven (im in litchfield county) and he is NOT coming out to do my install.

Totally amazing.

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall to Catch22

Premium Member

to Catch22
said by Catch22:

said by Darknessfall:

I assume they're not accidentally put into the same categories? Frontier posted a message saying they had 8k titles today. By the sound of their post, it sounded like they were done with adding large amounts of content. That sounds a little odd because they stated there would be over 10k titles.

Flix as a sub-menu of Showtime On Demand appeared. Must have just been added, so far the 4 Flix sub-menus have no entries.

Yeah, they probably added that today.

@cralt

How did your Motorola firmware update go?

cralt
CT

cralt

I didn't bother. Its clear they don't want my money now :-/

Darknessfall
Premium Member
Motorola MG8725
Asus RT-N66

Darknessfall

Premium Member

said by cralt:

I didn't bother. Its clear they don't want my money now :-/

Blame all of the people who had problems all this time and now that Frontier took over, they actually want someone to come fix it.

All of these people trying to say they haven't had line problems, but have borderline stats are crazy. They are the ones who want to clog everything up.