spc
Search similar:

uniqs
clawfury
join:2012-02-14
Rochester, MI

clawfury

Brawler's Guild

Morning folks. So I was levelling my warrior to 90 this weekend (with my brother on his mage) - and at lvl 88, we were questing, and came across a rare elite. We downed it and got a "blood-soaked invitation". This is the first time I've seen this in the expansion. So I'm wondering - I don't PvE at all - I have some very nominal PvE sets on a few chars, but very good PvP sets. What kind of gear do I need to do the Brawler's guild? Can I get by in a PvP set with the hit cap adjusted?

Carpie
join:2012-10-19
united state

Carpie

Won't be an issue with the 550+ pvp gear at all. You'll blow through most all of them.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5

said by Carpie:

Won't be an issue with the 550+ pvp gear at all. You'll blow through most all of them.

It'll be the tactics for some of them which will cause you issue, not the gear.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

Thanks guys. From what I saw of Carpie posting earlier, it looks like it's quite a nice sum of gold, too.

Cat5
join:2013-04-26

Cat5

said by clawfury:

Thanks guys. From what I saw of Carpie posting earlier, it looks like it's quite a nice sum of gold, too.

It's fun. Cross realm isn't though, and if you are there with lots of others the queue times for a brawl get very silly as only one person can brawl at a time. I'd imagine it's pretty dead currently.

Kilroy
MVM
join:2002-11-21
Saint Paul, MN

Kilroy

MVM

When I was doing it for the pet, on Lothar, the longest line was about five. So, not completely dead, but not incredibly active either.

Carpie
united state

Carpie to Cat5

to Cat5
Depends on the time of day. When I did it on Sunday morning, I was the only one and just did them one right after the other. Later in the week during an evening (say ~7p EST), the queue got up to 15 strong.

If you are using DBM, you can be sure to enable the Brawlers addon and it will count you down as you work through the queue (plus give you all the fight alerts). If not, there is a guy in the back you can talk to that will tell you your spot in queue.
clawfury
Rochester, MI

clawfury

I'm really surprised its not instanced. I guess since it was a limited invitation thing, it wouldn't be too bad - but still doesn't make a whole ton of sense to me.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

It's not instanced for the benefit of the spectators. I'm not sure people spectating think the ability to do so are as big a deal as Blizz, but right or wrong they built it to have the fights viewed by others. They even have little machines around the pit that you can click on as a spectator to get a first person view of the fight as though it were you in the pit.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
join:2008-10-23
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

And you can throw fruit at them.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

^ For an achieve. You make them smell rotten by getting 10 stacks on the. I threw fruit at DarkLogix. It was enjoyable but I still suspect he had a couple stacks of rotten on him even before he went into the fight.

Achievements are going away and most of them are very easy so do them while you are there. One is just to /cheer someone after they win a fight. Another is to throw a bottle at one of the patrons that turn angry (you buy the bottle at the vendor there).

The only one that I didn't get was the portal to the opposing faction city one because everything I read said you needed to make a 20 person group for the guy to open the portal (or stay up all odd hours of the night to catch it at the right time).

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

said by Carpie:

make a 20 person group

Not quite, you need 20 people in the area, they don't need to be in the same group.

hay maybe ABS could get their raid group to head there once after a 25man raid

and I'm stuck at the hexus maze.

Carpie
united state

Carpie

said by DarkLogix:

hay maybe ABS could get their raid group to head there once after a 25man raid

Considered it but I hate to ask people to go out of their way and plus, that would be way too late for some. Most log off directly after to head to bed.

DarkLogix
Texan and Proud
Premium Member
Baytown, TX

DarkLogix

Premium Member

They just have to walk into the zone fro my reading, if they have to que up then well it wouldn't be happening