Search similar:

uniqs

Seeky
join:2001-06-10
Chicago, IL

1 recommendation

Seeky

Cell tower vs. Health

I am considering to buy a new house. The transportation, house style, neighborhood, price, environment are all look fine to me. Except there are 2 cell tower nearby that house. According to »www.antennasearch.com, they are about .02 and .03 mile away from the house.

I search different sites about cell tower vs. health and result are varies. Some research said the tower's radiation way below the limit; some research said no or not enough data to link between cell tower vs. health; some research shows that radiation does affect human health.

This house is so far my best choice, but the confusion about the cell tower radiation hold me up.. Any comments about this topic are welcome.

cowboyro
Premium Member
join:2000-10-11
CT

1 recommendation

cowboyro

Premium Member

said by Seeky:

they are about .02 and .03 mile away from the house.

That's about 100ft - so they should be on neighboring houses or even in that yard... For me personally, it would be way, way too close for comfort. While I don't wear tinfoil hats and have multiple wifi access points set to maximum power, I wouldn't want a house that close to a cell tower that spits out massive amounts of RF... Even with d-squared decrease, it's still way more than what a local wifi router creates, plus lower frequencies of cellphones produce a deeper skin effect than a wifi router.

atcotr
@65.60.144.x

1 recommendation

atcotr

Anon

Better watch out for those TV transmission towers, bananas, cosmic rays, and the thermonuclear radiation source otherwise known as the sun.
wkm001
join:2009-12-14

1 recommendation

wkm001 to Seeky

to Seeky
If you fear there is radon in the basement you get a radon test. If you fear the house is full of termites you hire an exterminator. You may want to consider hiring an RF engineer to measure the actual level of radiation. Doesn't sound that crazy now does it?

cowboyro
Premium Member
join:2000-10-11
CT

1 recommendation

cowboyro to atcotr

Premium Member

to atcotr
said by atcotr :

Better watch out for those TV transmission towers, bananas, cosmic rays, and the thermonuclear radiation source otherwise known as the sun.

Ice cubes to icebergs. The background RF is virtually nothing.
Background: 0.0000000001uW/cm^2; cell signal 1 mile from the tower: 0.01 uW/cm^2.
That's 100,000,000 (one hundred million) times more.
54761437 (banned)
join:2013-01-18
Durham, NC

3 recommendations

54761437 (banned) to wkm001

to wkm001
People would rather post tinfoil hat conspiracy theories about government death rays than actively participate in their own well-being.
Bengie25
join:2010-04-22
Wisconsin Rapids, WI

Bengie25 to Seeky

to Seeky
Cancer via radiation, a camp fire or lightbulb is more dangerous, but at close range, the microwave radiation could start to warm your eyes, which could be bad for your vision if the internal temperature got high enough or hot spots.
Bengie25

Bengie25 to cowboyro

to cowboyro
The Sun gives a nice 132,100uWs/cm^2 of much higher and more dangerous radiation. That's 1,321,000,000,000,000 (1,321 trillion) more.

The danger of em radiation is pretty much just limited to the frequency and amount, higher frequency is more dangerous. A light bulb emits much higher frequency and many more watts, but the Sun is down-right mind-boggling more dangerous.

lizinny
@108.202.244.x

lizinny to wkm001

Anon

to wkm001
How do I hire an RF engineer? Recent internet searches brought up job postings -- but I need a consultant in my area pronto.