Search similar:

uniqs

Nels
join:2007-03-13
Arlington, VA

1 recommendation

Nels

Quantum Gateway Router

I just called Verizon and ordered myself a new Quantum Gateway Router (G1100). The normal price is $99, but the sales person said it is on sale for $25 off so I'm paying $74.99. I will own the router, no monthly charge. I'll update when the actual router arrives - should be later in the week. The last equipment I ordered from Verizon actually came the next day so I'm excited.
fcfc2
join:2014-05-17

1 edit

1 recommendation

fcfc2

Hi,
I just finished calling Verizon and ordered one of these Quantum Gateway Router (G1100) for myself with the same promotion plus about 5.95 shipping. I am mainly interested in the dual band and MoCA 2.0 features. They said they are available for shipping but that the delivery information was 5-7 days. We will see. I just hope that they don't get one of their "advanced" Actiontec Rev I's instead. They did confirm the name and model number though...so I am hopeful too. I did not think to ask how long the promotion price would last though.
EDIT- Please ignore this all incorrect information and please read my later post for the updated info.

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3 to Nels

to Nels
Can you order online?

Nels
Arlington, VA

Nels

Not that I could see. But it was no problem over the phone.

HouseHome
There's Nothing Like Home
join:2000-10-25
Silver Spring, MD

1 edit

HouseHome to fcfc2

to fcfc2
Re: Quantum Gateway Router
Just got off the phone with Verizon. I tried to order a Quantum Gateway Router. I had this long argument with a sales rep in the call center in Mass. He insisted the new router was made by Actiontec. I knew he was wrong and argued with him about that. He admitted he was reading from a script. Long story short, he stated the price was $149.99. He said the $74.99 was for the Actiontec Rev. I. He said that Verizon never offers a new product with a discount when it is first offered. He also said the new Quantum Gateway was only being offered in selected areas (I live in a state where it is being offered). He had a copy of the Fios Quantum Gateway router user guide in front of him so he knew what router I was trying to order. I didn't try to order it just yet until the customer service people get the story straight.
HouseHome

HouseHome to Nels

to Nels
What price were you quoted over the phone?

Nels
Arlington, VA

Nels

$74.99 plus $5.99 shipping

HouseHome
Silver Spring, MD

HouseHome

Thanks for responding. As I posted earlier, I had this long argument with a CS guy about just what router he was talking about. So he read to me the script that he was required to read. He mentioned a couple of times that they are told to "get rid" of old inventory, i.e., Actiontec Rev. I and that the list price is $74.99. He insisted the price of the Quantum Gateway is $149.99. He also finally admitted, after reading the Quantum Gateway user guide that the router is being offered by GreenWave. Before I order this new router I am going to try to get them to tell me what the price it is being offered at.

Nels
Arlington, VA

1 edit

1 recommendation

Nels

If they send me an old Actiontec I'll just send it right back. I'll post what happens to me either way.

HouseHome
Silver Spring, MD

1 recommendation

HouseHome

Thanks, Nels. I just don't think it's very cool for Verizon to do a "bait and switch". I think they should be upfront and honest. If the Quantum Gateway is $149.99 then just tell the customer that. Don't say it's $74.99 and then switch the router to a Actiontec Rev. I. This is a shaky way to sell a new product.
fcfc2
join:2014-05-17

3 recommendations

fcfc2

It is semi official the new Greenwave Quantum Gateway Router is absolutely not generally available at any price. Verizon tech support reports that to their knowledge, these are only available in parts of Virginia and limited parts of Mass. The phone rep, no matter what they might say, is mistaken and you will almost certainly be sent the Actiontec Rev. I. The price for the new router when available is going to be $150 per and is not likely to be discounted as new equipment rarely is. I will now have the joy of returning the "advanced" Rev I and waiting a couple months for a refund...the think is I asked the original rep 3 times was this going to be the Quantum Gateway Router model G1100. Sorry for raising anybody's hopes.

HouseHome
Silver Spring, MD

1 recommendation

HouseHome

Thanks, fcfc2. It's what I suspected. Although, the guy I talked to said that the Quantum Gateway would be available in a "few" selected states. He mentioned Virginia and Maryland as some of the states (I live in Maryland). I had a long argument with the CSR before I could get him to say, off script, that the cost of the Quantum Gateway, was $149.99. Your post is nearly identical to what I was told by the guy I talked to. All in all, I'm not in a big hurry to order this new router. I'll wait. I still don't like the "bait and switch" approach by Verizon.

JoelWhy
@107.1.126.x

1 recommendation

JoelWhy

Anon

I live in Maryland and am signing up for new Fios service (i.e. moving to a new house.) In signing up for the service online, I'm given the option of either renting/buying the standard router at $5.99/$99 (or buying directly from Actiontec); or, I can rent/buy the FIOS Quantum Gateway for $6.99/$149.99.

I wanted to confirm that the $149.99 router is the Greenwave router. (i.e. I don't want to buy their high-end router, only to learn a few months later that it's being replaced by a better Greenwave one.) This is what the rep told me:

"The Greenwave router was a router we where considering, however it was not chosen to be a router we support, we have just introduced our Gateway Router last week, I assure you we will not upgrade any time soon, and if we do, we make it where the current routers receive the upgrade."
mperson
join:2008-11-01
Hemet, CA

1 recommendation

mperson to Nels

to Nels
Was told the end of the month for California. By then they will have upped the price if it is an error.

HouseHome
Silver Spring, MD

HouseHome to JoelWhy

to JoelWhy
Hi JoelWhy
I don't know if you have read my above posts, if not read them to see what experience I've had yesterday 10/6/14. I live in Maryland as well. Just for giggles last night I surfed for a extended period of time on the MyVerizon website to see if there was information about the FIOS Quantum Gateway router. Yes there is. On one page I looked at there was a phone number listed to call to order this router. The number listed is transposed and incorrect. I called Verizon and got the correct number: 1-800-837-4966. I called that number, went through the options and got a customer service rep in the call center in N.Y. She was terrific. I went through a long list of questions (I pretty much knew what I wanted and had done a ton of research about this router). She told me she had been "trained" about this router on September 22 and the roll out would begin on September 30th.

I ordered the FIOS Quantum Gateway this morning at 10:30 a.m. The price is $149.99 with $5.99 for shipping. I received a confirmation email that I had purchased the FIOS Quantum Gateway. While on the phone, the service rep and I went over the technical specs from the Verizon FIOS Quantum Gateway user guide (I have a copy and followed word for word what she read to me from her copy) just to make sure that I wasn't getting the Actiontec Rev. I router.

I am relative certain that I will get the FIOS Quantum Gateway. The main reason I'm kinda sure is the price. The Actiontec Rev. I is not listed anywhere for $149.99. I will update this post as soon as the router arrives

Nels
Arlington, VA

Nels

Re: Quantum Gateway Router Bad News, Good News

Bad news is the new router arrived today, but it is an Actiontec.

Good news is I talked to a super-competant person at Verizon who understood my dilemma and worked to fix it. She said "oh I see you want the Quantum Gateway" which is of course what I want. Price is $149.99. I'm willing to pay that for a new router that works.

HouseHome
Silver Spring, MD

HouseHome

Nels,

I too talked to a CSR who understood what I wanted and ordered the Quantum Router. I paid $149.99 for it with $5.99 for shipping. I got a notification from Verizon that the router would be delivered tomorrow. I'm relative certain it is the new Quantum Gateway. I had a very good experience with the CSR at the call center in NY. I will post 10/8/14 if all goes well. I'm getting super good service at the moment. I decided to be very courteous with the CSR and I think it helped. I think I made the right decision. LOL

tito79
join:2010-03-14
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79

please post pics of the new router thanks

HouseHome
Silver Spring, MD

HouseHome

Hey NY,

Will do. I've seen pictures of the router on Verizon's Quantum web page. I'll be happy to post pics when I get the router 10/8/14.

Cheers
HouseHome

2 recommendations

HouseHome to Nels

to Nels
Hey Nels and all others

At 12:10, just a few minutes ago, I indeed had a delivery from UPS. I got a FiOS Quantum Gateway G1100. (I will take pictures if anyone wants them) In the box you will get 1 G1100 router, 2 coax jumpers (for set top to t.v.) 1 splitter moca 2.0.2 port, 1 fios self-install guide, 1 f-81 coupler 2GHZ, 1 customer receipt with order number and equipment activation code, 2 ethernet cables and a quick setup guide. I can confirm 100% that this is the new FiOS Quantum Gateway G1100 router.

Cheers
HouseHome

2 recommendations

HouseHome to tito79

to tito79
Click for full size
Click for full size

tito79
join:2010-03-14
Port Saint Lucie, FL

tito79 to Nels

to Nels

Thanks for the pics my friend looks good.

HouseHome
Silver Spring, MD

HouseHome to frankpf3

to frankpf3
frankpf3

The answer to your question you posted in the topic before it was locked, is in a "self-installation guide" that comes with the Quantum router. It says the 2 way splitter in the equipment box is optional if installing TV and router in same room.

Cheers

frankpf3
Verizon Fios
join:2007-08-09
Huntington Station, NY

frankpf3

Wonder how fast this roll out will be and when it will hit VHO 5?
OwlSaver
OwlSaver
Premium Member
join:2005-01-30
Berwyn, PA

OwlSaver to HouseHome

Premium Member

to HouseHome

Thanks for the pictures. Can you take one of the back to see all the connections? Also, if you get a chance could you let us know if it supports SNMP?
hubrisnxs
join:2009-12-30
Fountain Valley, CA

hubrisnxs to Nels

to Nels

And that receipt says 75 bux?

HouseHome
Silver Spring, MD

HouseHome to frankpf3

to frankpf3
Frankpf3

I can only go by what the CSR in the NY call center told me yesterday. She said that only a few states are listed at this time. She mentioned Maryland, Virginia, Massachusetts and parts of NY (whatever the hell that means). I listened very carefully so that's all the information I have.

For anyone who is reading this, don't jump on me, I am only repeating what I heard 10/7/14. However, I was lucky that I got a woman who knew what she was talking about. The first CSR I talked to was "required" to read to me from a script. He admitted this to me when we chatted. He was a good guy, but did not offer any additional info (I suspect that a supervisor was listening to our conversation). If you get a "trained" CSR when you call, then you will probably get accurate info. Good luck.

Cheers
HouseHome

HouseHome to OwlSaver

to OwlSaver

OwlSaver,

Be glad to. I have no idea if it supports SNMP. I looked every place I could think of to find the answer, and there is no mention of it that I saw. However, I will keep looking..

nothing00
join:2001-06-10
Centereach, NY

nothing00 to Nels

to Nels

Well, this will be my second go at a MoCA 2.0 device... Hope this performs better than my first equipment experience.

Will I be the first person to bridge multiple Quantum Gateway Routers with MoCA 2.0?

HouseHome
Silver Spring, MD

1 recommendation

HouseHome

Here are a few of the back.